I don't like to have fun

Today we are talking about every book where homegirl doesn't like to go to parties. Also known as every book.

First of all, I feel like this concept is overused and is actual garbage. Like, no joke.

"I'm not a party girl. It's not my thing. You know I love reading and Netflix."

Now, don't get me wrong, them shits are great, but pass up every party? For real? (Talking about fictional people. Not real ones)

And then she never goes to the fucking party unless her friend is blackmailing her into going.

Give me a girl who loves to get drunk, who loves to party, she can be wild and does a lot of shit.

Like, bro. Please.

But whenever there is that character she is labeled as the slut, or someone who doesn't respect themselves or all that garbage. 

Because honestly I'm getting tired of the plain Jane no party lead. She is everywhere and she likes to criticize everyone but makes it seem like she's right. She doesn't go to parties and she certainly does not want to get drunk. Ever. Oh! And she also has to be anti social and not have any friends until homeboy comes in a swoops her off her feet.

Just because an idea is common and popularized, it doesn't always mean it's good. It'd be great experiment a little and change this⬇️

Hi I'm Cathy. I'm 17. See, I'm not like other girls. I don't like partying. It's too loud and filled with obnoxious people. Like jocks and sluts. I'm much more comfortable staying at the library reading a book. Even if my friend Ashley keeps begging me to go to at least one, I keep refusing.

Great. Come join the anti social social club filled with girls exactly like you.

That is, until she threatened to tell my crush I've been in love with him for five years.

Damn that was out of the blue

(Recap bc I'm lazy)

So I ended up going and not enjoying my time when Ryder came. He was hot. We left and ate at a diner he knew about and he drove me home. My mom didn't ask about why I was late. I'm sure my dad would've cared. Sonovabitch had the nerve to leave. Instantly my mood went sour. Blah blah blah

It went from balegdeh to "all around me are familiar faces." Like damn.

Now a rarity that is the party girl is portrayed as a slut in some books. I didn't say all. I say some.
...

BOLD TEXT HERE WE GO

I surveyed the area. The lights were dim and the music was blaring from the speakers. Someone had brought disco lights and bubble blowers. It was nice. This was nice.

Ryder had left a few minutes ago to get us some drinks and honestly? I could really use the alcohol. Exams got me stressed and I'm glad to find a reason to let loose.

New girl was coming to. Her name was Maya. Cute kid. I felt bad for her on the first day because as always Ryder couldn't keep it in his pants. So I have her a tour of the school and whatnot and here we are. Christmas break, at a party. Except she wasn't here yet.

I felt arms circling around my waist and I heard a voice whisper in my ear, "Are you not enjoying the party?"

I let out a laugh as I turned around, " You know your parties are the best there ever was. I'm just waiting for Maya. She's late."

He simply smiled at me and handed me my drink. We stood there against the wall, watching the marvellous and entertaining people dance around the house.