one

I find myself on Hollywood Blvd, scared out of my mind

It's one in the morning and I have barely five percent left on my phone.

Everyone has heard the crazy things that happen on this street.

Why did I feel the need to come here out of all place?

I start to feel a little dizzy, so I sit on a bench to try and catch my breath.

I open my phone and search for hotels near me.

All last minute rooms within ten miles are too expensive.

I managed to find some cash on the kitchen counter before I left the house, but it's not enough.

I pull my knees up to my face and quietly think of what to do.

Just breathe.
Everything will be fine.

A tap on my shoulder breaks me from my thoughts.

I jump at the sight of the young man with a neon pink wrap around his head.

"Woah, chill." He laughs.

I keep my eyes wide open in fear.

Even though I just turned nineteen, I've been trapped in my fathers house for years. I barely leave. I haven't met people.

I haven't interacted with anyone but my father for a long time.

My breathing starts to get heavy as I see two more guys walk over.

Are they going to kidnap me?

Beat me up?

One of them dressed in all black with a camera. He has a kind smile and chubby cheeks.

His medium length hair is covered with a black hat.

"Hey, what's going on?" The third guy, who looks rather normal, asks.

I can feel myself start to shake like a Chihuahua.

I am too nervous to try and run, afraid of what they could do. If they are anything like my father, I could be in big trouble.

The cute boy with the camera pushes himself in front of the other two.

He kneels down at the bench, looking at me.

"Are you alright?" He asks. I swallow the lump in my throat, trying to get myself to talk.

All I do is shake my head no.

"Okay, well, I am David. I can tell you don't want to talk to me." He chuckles lightly, causing me to get slightly less uncomfortable.

"That's Dom, and that's Alex." David introduces the guys behind him. I glance up at them to see small worried facial expressions on their faces.

"Do you need us to take you somewhere?" David asks me.

Should I tell him the truth? I really shouldn't be dragging a stranger into my issues.

"I've got nowhere to go." I choke out, avoiding eye contact with him, tears swelling up in my eyes.

"How about we go sit at one of those tables and you can tell us what happened?" David suggests.

I nod my head and follow the boys over to a table while I drag my worn out suitcase.

David sits down across from me. Alex and Dom stay standing up.

I am still shaking. They probably think I'm insane.

"We never got your name." Alex speaks up.

"It's Aubrey." I answer.

"Okay, Aubrey, why are you out here all alone?" David wonders.

"My dad kicked me out. I know nobody, and I have nowhere to go." I sigh, glancing around the area we are sitting at.

"I don't even know why I am telling you guys this." I put my face into my hands after I finish talking.

I feel pathetic. How could these boys, that I just met, care about my problem?

"I can help you. I've got an extra room at my house, and you can use it if you want it." David smiles slightly, trying to get me to trust him.

"I can't let you do that, you don't even know me." I try to decline his sweet offer.

"Come on, I am not going to let you out here, you could get hurt." David insists.

"I don't think..."

"You can trust me." David promises.

I don't know what to do.. He seems trustworthy and kind. Or he could be a murderer and I wouldn't know.

At this point, what do I have to lose?

A/N:

I hope you liked the first chapter! Sorry again if the first couple chapters aren't that great, it's always difficult for me to start a book.

I will be posting updates every SATURDAY and WEDNESDAY!
(If I can remember 😂)