twenty one

"Are you serious?" Mariah asks, rubbing her forehead

I just finished explaining what Jason said to her. She is just as surprised as I was.

Mariah thought it was best that we relaxed for the rest of the night before we dive into my problem.

We ended up falling asleep to a random Netflix show.

Now it's the morning after. We are in Heath's living room.

Luckily, Heath is in Florida visiting his family so we have the house to ourselves.

"Right before you got to the house," I continue.

"David and I broke up." I tell her.

Both of our eyes widen.

"No!" She squeals, jumping up from her seat.

"Why did you tell me you guys we're dating!" She slaps my shoulder, laughing.

"We agreed to take it slow. That's one of the reasons we broke up." I sigh, tears threatening to fall again.

"What do you mean? David is usually an understanding person." She asks in confusion.

"Well, I guess he just agreed to please me. He lied to me." I pout. She rubs my back as I get emotional.

"But I guess it was a good thing we never told anyone. We don't have to tell anyone we ended things." I shrug, a tear escaping my eye.

"This is just a bump in the road, you'll figure it out." She assures me.

"It's not, Mariah. First Dom, then Liza, then Jason. The universe is trying to push us apart." I complain.

"It's going to be fine, babes. Please just keep positive. I know how hard it is for you right now, but you need to get through it with you head held high." Mariah advises.

"You're right. If David and I are meant to be, it'll work out in the end. Right?" I look to her for some reassurance.

She's nods, pulling me into a hug.

"Okay, enough of this sad stuff. We need to get ready for work." She sighs, standing up from the couch.

"Damn it. I forgot my dance clothes." I slap my forehead.

Mariah let's out an 'ugh' sound.

"Let's pray that Natalie can bring them over for me." I mumble, dialing her number.

Mariah walks away, probably to start her morning routine.

"Hi, Aubrey." She answers the FaceTime call.

"Hi, Natalie." I greet her, mocking her tone.

I can tell she's in David's living room, let's hope he isn't near her.