seventeen

*it's been a week since the mukbang*

I sit down in passenger seat of Mariah's car with a sigh. I am so thankful for this job, but it's very tiring.

I ride with Mariah because our dance class schedules are basically the same.

"You want me to take you back to your place or come with me to mine?" She asks, pulling the car out of the parking spot.

"Mine. I need to chill for a little bit." I squint my eyes as the sunlight shines on my face through the windows of the car.

"I feel you. I get pretty sore the morning after classes." Mariah understands.

We stop talking and put some music on.

We both sing to it, even though we are pretty exhausted.

"Why do we sound pretty good?" Mariah laughs, turning the music down a bit.

"I think your vocals carried most of it." I protest.

"We should do a cover together." She suggests with her eyes on the road.

"Will we post it?" I look at her with wide eyes.

"Aubrey you can sing! We both can, why not have a little fun with it?" She tries to convince me.

"First David, now you? I really don't think my voice is that great." I shrug.

I guess I just don't think I'm that talented? It's not like I'm busting out high notes like Ariana Grande.

"I'll think about it." I tell her. She seems satisfied with my answer so she turns up the volume.

Mariah keeps driving and I stare out the window.

We exchange a few words here and there. Nothing much.

When we pull into the huge driveway, I'm one blink away from falling asleep.

"Thanks for the ride. Get some coffee to wake yourself up." I advise her, she nods in response.

I open the car door, get out, and shut the door.

"Text me later." Mariah gets out before yawning.

"Okay, bye!" I smile at her before running to the door.

I unlock the door with the key that David finally gave me this week.

"I'm home!" I shout, walking into the house.

"In here!" David shouts back from the living room.

I pull off my sneakers throw them in my room as I walk by.

I slowly make my way toward David.

I see him with a little smile on his face as he looks at me and shuts his laptop off.