twelve

"Thank you again, Emma

"Thank you again, Emma. I'm really glad we got to hang out this week." I grin, separating from our hug.

"Me too. I still can't believe we dropped those water balloons at that old couple." Emma cringes at the memory.

"You've gotta admit, it was funny seeing them so confused." I point out. She nods in agreement.

"Please text me after you get to David's and spill all the tea." She begs.

"You know I don't like gossiping about our conversations, but we'll see." I say, closing the door to the uber.

I roll down the window. "Bye!" I shout as I am driven away.

It's been a solid four days without speaking to David.

I'm coming back because I had plenty of time to think.

I don't think I wanna tell him too much about what happened between Liza and I.

Look what happened when I confessed about Dom.

Let's just hope he isn't too upset with me for leaving without telling him.

I made sure to check with Natalie to see if he was at home. If I have to talk to him, I've got to get it over with.

I also thought more about my feelings for David.

I definitely like him in a romantic way.

Eventually, I'm going to have to tell him. I can't hold it in forever.

The short drive comes to an end when we arrive at David's house.

I thank the woman for driving me and grab my bag.

I sigh, looking at the large home from the driveway.

It's now or never.

I head up to the front door and knock, butterflies filling my stomach. I become more and more nervous each second.

What if he is angry with me?

Suddenly, David rips open the door and throws his arms around me.

He squishes his face into my neck as I hug him back.

"I missed you." He mumbles just enough for me to hear.

"I missed you too."

We stay like that for a good minute or so. It's not an awkward silence, but a comfortable one.

"I'm sorry for leaving. I hope you got my note." I smile lightly as we both pull away from the hug.

"I did. I'm sorry for what Liza did to you. I hate that she brought you in the middle of our issues." David apologizes.

"How did you-?" I step back, confused to how he found out.

"I have security cameras in the hallway, I saw her leave your room. I confronted her. You don't have to worry about whatever she said, alright?" David assures me.