ten

It's been a rough couple of days

David hasn't been in the best mood since he can't do his usual Instagram stories because of his black eye. Even though it's almost fully disappeared.

He doesn't want to start any drama.

I know he is doing the right thing, but he just seems unhappy.

"Hey, Dave." I say as I walk to the living room from my bedroom.

"Hey." He greets, typing on his laptop.

"So, I was thinking..." I start.

"Oh no." He jokes, earning a sarcastic laugh from me.

"Maybe we should invite some friends over to hangout. You and I haven't really done anything fun lately." I sigh, trying to think of ideas.

"Depends, what do you have in mind?" He wonders.

"We could have a water fight?" I suggest.

"A water fight?" He raises one eyebrow.

"Yes, a water fight outside. Water balloons and water guns. It'll be fun." I continue with a giggle.

"I guess we are going shopping." David laughs, grabbing his tesla key from beside him.

"Yes! Can we go to the target that's connected to the mall?" I ask.

He nods, I run to my room and grab my stuff.

I call Mariah and ask her if she wants to meet us at the mall so she can help me pick out some stuff.

Might as well do a little clothes shopping while I'm there.

She excitedly agrees, telling me how she wants to help me up my wardrobe.

I got my first paycheck yesterday, and I need to get a few things.

I need some more clothes, mine are pretty old and boring. Plus a swimsuit.

I step outside and run towards the car.

I get into the passengers seat beside David.

"Ready?" He asks.

"Yep." I smile at him as he pulls the car out of the driveway.

The sun beams on his face, showing his features very well.

"By the way, I invited Mariah to help me do some stuff. I hope you don't mind." I tell him.

"Yea, I don't care." David says. He puts the car on auto-drive.

"I'll invite our core people in the friend group to come over. Do you want me to ask Emma to come?" He adds, texting their group chat, I assume.

"Ooo! That would be awesome. I really want to get to know her. I feel like we will be good friends." I think aloud.

"Emma is funny, just like you. You guys will definitely get along." He agrees.