four

I wake up the next morning wrapped in David's arms

His quiet snoring informs me that he is still sleeping, but I really have to use the bathroom.

Making sure not to wake him, I carefully move his arm off me and slide away.

I sneak to the bathroom in the room I am staying in. I decide to put my hair up while I'm in there.

After I'm finished, I come out and make a plan to go out to get some air.

It's only eight in the morning, David probably won't be up for a while.

I throw on a random shirt, leggings, and my worn sneakers. I grab my phone and my cheap earbuds.

Before I leave, I find a piece of paper and a pen to write a note to David. I leave it on the kitchen counter, just in case he does wake up before I get back.

I leave the huge house and explore the hiking trails surrounding it.

The view is amazing, you can see a huge portion of the city.

It's very peaceful.

I'm outside for around an hour,  gazing at the buzzing cars on the streets and greenery on the trail.

I try to open the door, but Natalie must've locked it.

I caught myself as I was about to knock, I didn't want to wake up David.

I run around to the backyard where the clear slide doors are.

I grin when I see Natalie looking at her phone. I tap on the door to get her attention, which makes her get pretty frightened, but eventually relieved when she sees me.

She walks over and opens the door.

"Thanks." I say, out of breath from running around the house.

"No biggie. Where did you go? I brought some food for you but I couldn't find you." She inquires, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh, I just went for a run. I didn't go outside yesterday so I thought it would be good to get some sunshine." I explain.

I was used to spending my time indoors, but I want to change myself for the better. That includes getting out more.

She nods, not thinking too much of it.

"Is David up yet?" I ask her, hoping she would say yes.

"Nope." She responds with a sigh, pulling the food out of the bag.

"Should I wait for him?" I question, motioning toward the food.

"I wouldn't, he might not wake up until noon." Natalie giggles. I laugh along with her.

"Wanna sit and talk while we eat?" She suggests.

"Yea, sure." I smile, taking a seat across from her.