Chapter 10

Royal family...

That was what Maria keeps on saying. So maybe Lucas was some sort of a prince. Now, that's interesting! I'm losing my self already. This is some kind of fantasy! Vampires are real, they move fast, they heal fast, they have a king, queen, prince, princess and what else? Why didn't i know all of these? Does this mean they were blending well with humans that we didn't even noticed their existence?

I rolled on the bed back and forth. It's my third day and I still couldn't comprehend everything that took place. I was living a normal life, until that man came...

Now that I remember, who was that man? How would he repay me? On which side is he? Who sent Lucas, Argus and Leo to me? Who is their boss?

My head starts to ache. The more I think the more it hurts and it's draining the energy out of me.

I moved the blue curtain aside and I was surprised by the view outside. It wasn't just any window, it was actually a glass door leading towards a balcony.

I leaned on the marble railings as I inhaled the comforting scent of Mother Nature. Right in front of me was a "sea of trees". The view of green tree tops stretched across the horizon. My bedroom was facing a massive forest. The green view made me relax along with the fresh cool breeze. I closed my eyes and feel the moment. For the first time that I came here, i had found inner peace.

The sun was shining and it made the tree tops turn kind of orange yellowish color followed by soft breeze that swayed my dark brown hair. Something sparkled caught my attention. I looked down at stare at my tear shaped necklace. The silver frame held the tear shaped ruby in the middle which sparkled when the sun hits the balcony.

I smiled as I felt the warmth of the rays of the sun touching my skin. Then the same feeling knocked me back to my senses...

I was being watched...

I tightly embraced myself as I looked around to see if there was somebody...

Surely there was. If i didn't looked to my left I wouldn't notice another balcony a few meters from mine.

Oh, there it is again.

My heart...

The butterflies...

He was there with his back from the forest. He was staring at the sky, then to me...

His eyes held loneliness and pain. Why?

I just want to go to him and hug him. I want to feel his embrace.

He smiled faintly at me then went back inside and that's when it hit me.

His room was next to mine.

                           ~~+~~

I couldn't concentrate anymore. I closed the book that i was reading and laid flat on the carpet staring straight at the ceiling.

Plakkk...craacckkk...

There were sounds of glasses breaking.

I stood up and immediately rushed outside my bedroom and head downstairs. The windows in the living room were shattered.

I was about to rush to the kitchen when..."get down!!!",  Loisa lunged towards me knocking me down to the cold floor just in time when the window close to me shattered scattering pieces of glass on the floor and some on Loisa's back. She groaned in pain then hissed as she shoved me towards the kitchen with me hitting the wooden door. She immediately ran to the other side of the room then disappeared.