Chapter 39

Everything was in a mess. Dead bodies everywhere. The floor was covered with blood and so were they.

Footsteps...

"Damn this.",Tyrone spat on the floor.

"They never die, do they?",Leo laughed though he was worn out.

"Just how many humans did they turned?",Argus was now irritated. Everytime they kill those newly turned vampires, another group would appear. It was like a never ending fight.

"Lucc, Leo.",Tyrone called out while holding one of those newly turned vampire's neck. "You guys go. Leave these to us",he motioned them to go to the door which leads to the other chamber, mainly the throne.

"Are you sure you can handle these?",Lucas looked hesitant to leave them. Afterall, there were already too many newly turned vampires filling the room and they are quite aggressive.

"So now you're underestimating our capacity to wipe off these idiots?",Argus spoke after punching two vampires.

"Come on Lucc. There's not much time left.",Leo dragged Lucas out of the room leaving Tyrone and Argus fighting against the newly turned ones.

It was pitch black as they walked on the stairs leading to their final destination but of course they were vampires so it doesn't bother them. As they got closer to the huge double doors, they walked slowly listening to any sounds around them and inside the throne room.

Doors creaking...

The moment they entered the throne room, all the torches lit up.

Clap. Clap. Clap.

A clapping sound echoed in the entire room making both of them to turn their heads towards the man sitting on the throne.

"and so, you made it.",the man's voice held authority as he spoke those words.

"where is she?",Lucas snarled shooting daggers towards the man with his eyes.

"So you did care for her.",the man adjusted his position then an evil smile flashed across his face. "tell me, who is she to you?"

"where is she",Lucas' patience was wearing thin as he clenched his fists, grinding his teeth.

"Oh, can't wait, do you?",he smirked. "I have been looking forward to this my entire life and who would have thought that only a woman would cause the fall of you and your father's reign.",he was pleased as he spoke, clicking his fingers on the arm rest of his throne.

"Cut the crap and tell us where she is",Leo butted in, holding Lucc's arm where veins were starting to pop.

"Very well. Let's end this once and for all.",he snapped his fingers and behind him appeared a tall figure who was smirking.

"Our visitors wants to see her. Can you show her to them",the King's mocking hostility in his voice made Lucas' blood to boil even more.

"With pleasure",Odnam grinned and disappeared into the darkness behind the throne.

Sound of chains hitting the marble floor...

They were surprised when Odnam appeared from the right side of the room a few meters from them but what surprised them most was the woman he was holding.

She was wearing a dark red strapless dress with chains on her wrists, ankles and on the neck. Her face which used to be beaming with happiness was now worn out. Her eyes looked swollen from shedding tears all night. She looked horrible and it pained Lucas the most. His heart ached for her and so does the monster inside him. They had became fond of her. She was their light. She looked at Lucas with tears flowing from her beautiful hazel eyes.

"Let her go Thorem. She's just a human. She didn't have anything to do with this",Leo stepped forward looking towards the man on the throne.

Thorem laughed like a madman tapping the armrest as if he had heard the greatest joke in the universe then he abruptly stopped and spoke, "no, why would I."

It was clear that he was challenging Lucc's patience.

"RELEASE HER! NOW!",Lucas was now trying to hold back his anger and his want to dash towards Odnam and tear his body apart. He had to be careful. He had to make sure his mate's safety before he would avenge her.

Thorem snapped his fingers once again and his soldiers appeared from every corner of the room. "I'm afraid that won't be easy.",he grinned as he looked at his ten best fighters who were surrounding them. "Get rid of them",he spoke sharply.

The soldiers leaped towards them but Lucas and Leo were quick to dodge the attack.

"You take the left, I'll have the right",Leo whispered as they stood with their backs on each other.

One of the vampire pulled out two knives then dashed towards Lucas. As he was getting closer, he threw one knife to him but Lucas managed to dodge it and caught the knife then in a blink of an eye, he threw the knife back at the vampire and plunged it on his neck but the vampire though he was dying was able to stab the other knife on Luc's shoulder making Lucas to grunt in pain and ripped his throat open.

These vampires were equipped with weapons which made the fight a bit rough. Both Leo and Lucas had been injured from their previous battle but this battle made their condition even worse.

Sweat and blood were mixed. Six dead bodies were lying on the marble floor. There were heavy breathing as another battlecry echoed inside the room.

Leo was badly injured. The left side of his body was cut, and he had bruises all over not to mention a few bullets he had received a while ago. Lucas was far worst than Leo's condition. His arm which was stabbed deeply was in excessive bleeding, he had another cut on his cheek and he was losing strenght.

Taking advantage of the situation, the King signaled Odnam to do a sneak attack and he nooded.