Chapter 8

Khloe's POV:

I gasped softly as Nico's lips found the crook of my neck.

I wasn't quite sure what his reaction would be to my former question.

I'm pretty sure I was expecting either a yes or no, but when he suggested that we should just start over instead, sat up, and then had me straddling his lap, I have to admit I was quite surprised.

A couple minutes later and here we were.

Goosebumps quickly spread over my body, causing my grip on his shoulders to tighten as the hand in my hair pulled me closer to him.

His other hand slowly made its way down my waist, finally resting on my hip as he continued to explore my neck and the available space on my shoulders with his mouth.

I could tell by the intensity of his actions that he was holding back, trying to leave as little marks on my skin as possible.

Even so, the gentleness was enough to make my toes curl and eyes flutter shut.

That mixed with the fact that he was filling up almost every one of my senses made my whole body feel fuzzy.

A couple more breathy moans and quiet mewls escaped me.

It was kind of embarrassing how easily he could get me to react to his touches and melt into him completely.

How easily he could get these noises and reactions out of me.

But Nico certainly didn't seem to mind, so I didn't dwell on it.

Instead, he just continued roaming around my neck, chest, and shoulders.

It was interesting how he could do so much with such a small part of my body

It was like his touch ignited every nerve in my body and made them anticipate what his next move was going to be.

I honestly couldn't believe I was doing this.

I never imagined that I'd ever be in this position with any man in my life, let alone a vampire.

And never would I have ever thought that I would be the one asking to initiate it.

Even when I did I felt this fear in the back of my mind that maybe he didn't want to.

But then he brought my body closer to his and completely made those thoughts disappear.

I couldn't explain it, but it was like my body was drawn to him, constantly craving his touch or even his voice.

I had realized that it had kind of been like this even before we confessed our feelings for each other, although it was nowhere near as powerful as it was now.

Now I could just only hope that he felt the same way I did.

I would hate to jump too far into the relationship too soon.

In fact, I was planning not too, but my body wasn't really listening.

A small gasp escaped my lips as Nico's fangs lightly scraped against my skin, apparently sensing that my thoughts had drifted away from what he was doing.

I didn't even realize my hand had jumped to the back of Nico's head before I felt the soft strands against my skin.

Nico snickered quietly at my reaction before he continued littering my body with kisses, nibbles and more.

I lightly tugged at his hair.

As much as I was enjoying this, I didn't just want this to be about me.