GHOST OF YOU

14| Maybe, maybe not.

"I'm a little confused" Aria said, before I sighed.

"Me too" I muttered.

"Okay, let's keep this brief, I'm Loki Peakes, a ghost that died in 1865, in this very house... only 153 years later, in walks a woman that can see me, touch me and hear me.. which is a first in my case, truth is we don't know how or why she can see me but what we do know is that Reena is a descendant of Vanessa Kershaw and Keith Briggs, Vanessa was my ex fiance" Loki said quickly.

Maybe it was a good thing ghosts weren't required to breathe. "Briggs? As in Luke Briggs and Makayla Briggs?" Aria breathed out.

I nodded. "In my family tree, my mother was a Briggs" I replied.

"So you're related to them?" Aria asked, confused.

I nodded, slowly. "Distantly" I replied.

"This is fucking weird" Aria breathed out.

I glanced at Loki who nodded. "Aria, you can't tell anyone, okay?" I asked.

"Yeah yeah, you and your ghost romance secret is safe with me" Aria said, waving a distracted hand.

Loki coughed to hide a snigger. "Aria, that's not the only reason we'd prefer you to keep this a secret, Reena's gift has already spread across the ghostal plane I can't imagine what people would do if they find out Reena can see and talk to ghosts" he said, firmly.

"Loki, this isn't the eighteenth century anymore, there are still such things as hack mediums" Aria replied, rolling her eyes.

"Aria" I said before sighing.

"Okay, okay look I won't tell anyone not like they'll believe me anyway" she replied.

"Thank you" I said, breathing a sigh of relief.

"I'm going to go home because this is too weird" Aria said, standing up.

Loki stepped back, letting go of me. "Are you sure?" I asked, worried.

"Yeah I'm fine, besides it looks like you guys need some alone time.. oh god this is so weird, bye" she said, glancing at Loki.

"It was nice to meet you Aria" Loki said, politely.

"Yeah yeah, whateves" she replied, turning around and walking back towards the house.

She disappeared and I turned to look at the Ghost. "That was too close" I said, before sitting down.

"At least she understands" Loki replied.

"Yes Loki but what if that wasn't Aria, what if it was my dad or worse" I said, running a hand through my hair.

"Are you ashamed to be seen with me?" Loki asked lightly.

My eyes widened as I turned my head to look at him. "God no, that's not what I meant!" I exclaimed.

Loki chuckled. "I know, I was kidding" he said as I breathed out in relief.