GHOST OF YOU

19| Realisation

My fists banged against the steel bars, making the sound echo out across the empty room. "Hello!" I called out.

Hearing no reply, I sunk to the floor. "What's your name?"  A soft raspy voice asked, making me jump.

I turned my head to peer into the dark cell next to mine, but couldn't make out any figures. "Reena" I replied, crawling closer.

"Yours?" I added.

"I've forgotten" the voice replied, making it out to be more female.

"How long have you been here?" I asked, crawling as close to the dark cell as I could.

"My walls are full of marks" the female voice replied.

Hearing footsteps, I looked over towards the door to see it bang open. Three figures walked through before throwing an unconscious person in a cell across from mine. "Hey wait!" I yelled, scrambling to my feet.

"Quiet!" The man replied.

That's when I noticed I could see through him, that this man was a ghost. "Wait!" I yelled.

The ghosts ignored me and disappeared through the door. "I wouldn't bother, they don't listen" the female said.

A cough surrounded the jail cells and I slid down the bars to sit on the floor. "Do you know why you are here?" The mystery woman asked.

I rested my forehead against the metal bars and closed my eyes. "No" I replied.

"Normally, the Ghost Council have a good reason for bringing you in, you probably broke some law" the woman said before coughing.

I frowned before opening my eyes. "What law did you break?" I asked, turning my head to look at the dark cell.

"I refused to move onto my other life," she replied.

I sighed. "I guess I broke a law but it's not my law, I'm not a ghost," I replied.

"Not a ghost?" The mystery girl asked.

"No, but I fell in love with one," I replied, thinking of Loki's warm smile.

"Tell me about him" she said, as I heard a rustle.

"He's so brave, and kind, sarcastic and has that smile you know, the smile that could make you laugh and feel safe" I said gently.

"He sounds wonderful" the voice whispered.

"It's so strange, he's named after the Norse God of mischief and he fits that description perfectly," I said before chuckling.

"Loki?" The woman asked.

"Yeah.." I trailed off as I imagined my fingers running through his black silky hair.

"Is his name Loki Peakes?" The voice asked.

I frowned and lifted my head. "You know him?" I asked, confused.

"We've met briefly" she replied, her voice soft and sounding broken.

"Come into the light, I want to see you" I asked gently.

I heard a shuffle. "It will do you no good now," the woman replied.

"Please?" I asked kindly.

Slowly, a hand came into view before a frail beautiful woman pulled herself into the light. I gasped. "Vanessa?" I asked bewildered.

□■□■□■□

■ Loki's Pov ■

"This does me no good, Luke!" I snapped as I attempted to throw my fist through a wall.

"Getting angry won't solve your problems Loki, you need to come up with a god damn good reason as to why you love Reena," Luke said, watching me pace back and forth.

"Because I love her! I don't know how I can become more specific than that!" I snapped.

"What do you love about her? What drew you in?" Luke asked, a little nore calmly.

"She could see me and touch me and I had been alone for a very long time, she was kind and considerate" I said, looking at him.

"Loki! You're telling the Ghost Council why you love her, not being interviewed about if she'd make a great porn star!" Luke snapped.

I glared at him. "What about her made you fall in love? Was it about how bright her eyes were? How she smiled and the whole world lit up?" He asked, gesturing his hands wide.

"Are you sure you're still talking about Reena and I?" I asked, crossing my arms.

Luke sighed. "My relationship with Reena is strictly family, we're related and that's disgusting," he said, standing up.

"She's going to die and it's going to be my fault!" I exclaimed.

"Than tell me goddamn it! Tell me why you love her!" He roared back.

"Because she's everything to me! She's the only reason I want to be here on this earth, I may never be able to resolve my death and move on but there would be no other woman I'd rather spend eternity with!" I snapped.

Luke glanced down at his hands. "See? Wasn't so hard was it?" He asked before turning his back on me and storming out of the room, slamming the door closed.

Sighing, I pressed the palms of my hands to my eyes and took a deep breath. "Your hearing is in two days Loki, you have to make sure your ready," Michael said, appearing behind me.

"I'm not ready Michael, I've never broken a law in my life or death, and suddenly a woman walks in and next thing you know.. I'm happy to throw away my eternal ghostness for her" I replied.

"Loki, you always hated being like this, you were never truly happy and you will never be truly happy while you're not with Vanes-" Michael started to say before I cut him off.

"Don't say her name, this has nothing to do with her, this is about Reena," I replied.

"You need to move on, let them force you into your other life, you can forget Reena and find Vanessa," he replied.

"I love Reena, I won't abandon her" I said, turning to face him, dropping my arms.

"No Loki, you love Vanessa, you just see all of her in Reena because they look the same, if you truly loved Reena, you wouldn't use the same excuse you used when trying to convince your father for his blessing, for you and Vanessa's marriage," Michael replied.

"Get out!" I exclaimed.

Michael sighed. "One day, you'll realise I was right"

A/N

Hehehe a long awaited chapter.
Sorry for the wait, been busy with The Vampire King (should check it out)

What do you think about what Michael said?
And what about Reena seeing Vanessa in the cell? Is it really her?

Don't forget to vote, comment and subscribe to PewDiePie on Youtube

Lots of love, tavana xoxoxo and as always, stay awesome bros!