GHOST OF YOU

17| Flashback

I stared at my textbook, annoyed that it was not coming to me quickly. "Reena! You home?" My mother's sweet voice called out.

"In my room!" I called back, before throwing my pen down.

"There you are, what's got you in a huff?" My mother asked as she appeared in my doorway.

"This homework is impossible, can't I just skip school and go straight to adulting?" I asked.

My mother chuckled. "Trust me when I say that you really don't want to go straight to adulting, enjoy being a kid while you can" she said, walking into my room.

She ruffled my hair before leaning beside me to peer at my textbook. "How about we ditch the homework and go for a walk?" she asked, turning her head to look at me.

"A walk?" I asked, confused.

"Yes, believe it or not people in this century still go for walks" she said, smiling as she pulled my chair back.

"Mum!" I exclaimed.

"Come on" she said, taking my hands and pulling me up.

I groaned as she moved to the doorway. "Grab some shoes, let's go" she said, raising her eyebrows at me.

Shaking my head, I moved to my wardrobe and pulled out my sneakers and pulled them on. Slowly, I walked down the stars to see Mum standing by the door.

I frowned as I stepped off the stairs. A slow grin crept onto her face. "You're acting weird" I said, glancing at her.

She laughed and opened the front door, pushing me outside. "What?" I asked.

"Happy Early Birthday, baby!" Mum exclaimed.

My eyes widened as I saw dad standing in frint if a shiny new red car. I let out a scream and turned to hug mum. She laughed as she squeezed back.
"You're the best!" I exclaimed as I pulled away and ran to my father.

"Thank you so much!" I squealed.

A hand touched my shoulder, breaking me out of my thoughts. "Are you okay?" Loki's voice asked carefully.

Tilting my head slightly, I glanced at him and nodded. "Yeah, I'm just tired" I replied.

"I think I know you enough to know when you're lying, do you want to talk about it?"he asked, his blue orbs studying me.

I sighed. "I was just thinking about mum and how much I miss her" I replied, as Loki's hand reached out.

I took his as our fingers interlaced. "I'd think she'd like you" I said quietly.

"What was she like?" Loki asked.

I smiled to myself. "Energetic, kind, all of my friends always said they wanted her as a mother, she was kinda a bad ass as well" I replied.

"She was the better, wiser version of me" I added.

"Reena" a rough voice asked.

I opened my eyes to see my room was lit up with blue and red lights. Dad stood in the doorway, his eyes red and puffy. "Can you come downstairs please" he said as his voice broke.

Frowning, I slid the sheets off and slipped out of bed. I followed my father down the stairs, only to see two Police Officers sitting on the lounge.
Mum was nowhere insight. Probably in the kitchen, she always made people welcome in her home.

Dad fell onto one of the lounge chairs. I glanced around the room as an unfamiliar feeling welled up inside me. "Take a seat Reena" an middle aged Officer said, giving me a look of pity.

Slowly, I sat on the lounge. "Where's Mum?" I asked, turning to face Dad.

He grimaced and closed his eyes before sobbing. The feeling exploded and I could feel everything in the room was tense and sad. "Reena, your mother was involved in an accident tonight" the Police Officer asked.

I raised a hand to my mouth to silence my sob. "We tried to save her" the other Officer said.

I started to cry. "I'm very sorry for your loss, both of you" the Officer said, calmly.

His lip quivered.

"It's hard to find out that way" Loki said gently.

I turned to face him. "Sorry, I don't mean to be depressing" I said, before sighing.

"Not, you're being depressing.. believe me" he trailed off.

I studied him carefully. "Are we doing the right thing?" I asked, afraid of his answer.

Our eyes met and he reached up a hand to stroke my cheek. "I don't know Reena, all I know is that I never want to lose you" he said gently. 

The corners of my mouth lifted up. "I love you" I replied.

He slowly leaned in, bringing my face clsoer to his. "I love you too" he replied before pressing his lips to mine.

We molded perfectly and soon I was pressed against his embrace. A soft moan fell from his lips as my arm circled around him so my hand could curl into soft hairs at the nape of his neck. Loki's mouth slanted over mine slightly and my free hand rested over his chest. I couldn't feel his heartbeat but somehow I could imagine it beating faster and faster, in tune with mine.

His arms held me carefully as he pulled me into his lap, my legs straddled him as we kissed and then his hands were gripping me closer.

This time, a unrequited moan left my lips as Loki's hand slipped under my shirt. Nerves filled me but somehow I knew I'd be okay. Pulling back, my lips tingled and felt swollen as my hands went to the hem of my shirt, pulling it up.

Loki stopped me. "Reena" he said softly.

I dropped my arms, tilting my head. "I want to but I can't, your first time deserves to be with someone real and warm blooded" he said almost sadly.

I pressed a finger to his lips. "My first time deserves to be with someone I love, someone I never want to lose and that's you" I replied softly.

"Loki, I want my first time to be with you" I whispered.

His eyes darkened and he pulled me into another kiss, I broke away to pull my shirt off and throw it somewhere in my bedroom. My hands cupped his face as I kissed him again and somehow he flipped us so my back was on the mattress and he hovered over me.

He dipped down and pressed kisses along my shoulders before pulling away. I watched him through lidded eyes as he undid his waistcoat and exposed his war riddled chest and body. "I love you" he said seriously as I reached out to touch him.

Giving him a wide smile, I shook my head. "I love you more" I replied, as Loki leaned down to capture my lips again.

A/N

*backs out of the room* lets give them some privacy.

I said shut your eyes!

Don't forget to vote and comment!
Lots of love, Tavana xoxoxox