GHOST OF YOU

18| Luke Briggs, Paranormal Hunter

"Dad, I need to go home" I said quickly, grabbing his sleeve.

"What? Darling, meet Mayor Briggs and his son Luke" Dad said quickly, moving to the side.

My eyes met Luke's and I quickly glanced away. "Hi, nice to meet you" I said, glancing at the taller lookalike of Luke.

"You must be Reena," he said, smiling.

"Yes, sorry excuse me I have to go home" I said, glancing at dad.

"What why?" Dad asked, frowning.

"I feel sick, like girl sick and I don't want to bother anyone here" I replied.

He opened his mouth to reply but Luke cut in. "I can drive her home Mr Styron" he said giving him a charming smile.

My eyes widened. "No!" I exclaimed.

Luke looked at me weird before a smirk crossed his face. "I mean that's nice of you Luke, but I'd prefer my father to drive me home" I said, glancing at him.

"Nonsense, Luke can drive you home, we're family now" The Mayor said, clapping his son on the shoulders.

Luke winced but remained smiling. "Of course," I said trailing off.

Pulling his hand out of his pocket, he held up his car keys. "Okay, lets go" he said as his smile tightened.

Sighing, I followed him out of the church. Turning my head, I glanced at the mirror that hung under the cross in the entrance way. A gasp left my mouth as the image of Vanessa Kershaw stared back at me. Luke turned to look where I was looking but I hurried past.

"Where's your car?" I asked, glancing at Luke as he lifted his hand and pointed to an old Ford.

Climbing in, he started the car with a roar and peeled out of the parking lot. I kept my eyes to the front as I heard Luke scoff. "Why won't you talk to me?" He asked, turning the radio down.

"I have nothing to say" I replied.

"You obviously know what my family are, I saw the demon walk into the bathroom after you" Luke said bluntly.

I turned to look at him. "I don't know what you're talking about" I replied, harshly.

Taking his hand off the steering wheel, he pointed to his chest. "Luke Briggs, paranormal hunter" he said, glancing at me with a smirk.

I swallowed. "And you are Reena Styron, Witch, friends with demons and lover of a ghost, you sure do know how to keep a low profile" Luke said, half laughing.

"I have no idea what you are talking about" I said, my voice wavering.

"Your father has no idea of the extra curricular activities you've been doing, does he?" Luke asked.

Act dumb.

"You're insane" I replied, crossing my arms.

"No you're insane, what were you thinking?" He asked, as we drove out of the town.

I snapped. "Look, I don't know what you know but you know absolutely nothing!" I exclaimed.