GHOST OF YOU

21| The Other Side

My hands touched the stone walls as I sat peacefully in my cell. The hard stone scraped against my skin as I got lost in my own thoughts. "How did your trial go?" Vanessa asked, leaning on the bars that seperated our cells.

I turned my head to look at her. "I don't know, I didn't get a very good read on it, but I'm assuming there's a high chance that I'm not going to make it out alive" I said, folding my hands in my lap.

"The Ghost Council won't kill you, Reena" Vanessa said, tilting her head.

I frowned. "They just remove any memory you have of ghosts, or any supernatural beings and they send you back on your way" she added.

"No one told me that" I said, moving my hands to the ground to push myself up.

"If you've broken a ghost law, the Council aren't exactly quick to let you join the ghost community" Vanessa said, watching me as I stood up.

"So I would get to go home?" I asked, confused.

"Yes but you wouldn't remember anything to do with Loki or anything you've learned that's even affiliated with Loki, you'd lose memories of him" Vanessa said.

"But he would still be around?" I asked.

"No, they'd free him from that house you say he is bound to and he would also have his memories of you removed," she said sadly.

"But he'd be alive and okay?" I asked.

"Yeah I guess as alive as a ghost can get," she replied.

I breathed out. "Thank god," I replied.

"Don't thank him, he has nothing to do with it," Vanessa said, as she turned to place her back on the bars.

I looked at her. "You sound like that's the worst thing in the world, him being okay" I stated.

Her head turned slightly.

"If I were in your situation, yes I'd prefer him to be okay but being forced to forget everything you loved is sometimes worse than death,"

"How so?" I asked.

Movind around to face me, she gave me a look. "When Loki loves, he loves with every part of his soul, when you wipe that memory away, you wipe away parts of his soul, every fibre in his being gravitates towards the one he truly loves, it's already a miracle that he's died and still found love, now for him it would be like dying again," she replied, expressing with her hands.

I looked down at the sand dusted floor.

"I'm no longer who he wants anymore because my time has passed, he's healed the old wounds that I made, you healed them, you helped heal them," she added.

"That's not true," I replied.

She frowned.

Looking up, I stared at her.

"I told him you were here," I said, tightening my hand in a fist.

She closed her eyes. "Why?" She whispered.

"Because he still loves you, I see it when he looks at me, and he may love me but it's because I look like you," I replied, my voice breaking.

I turned away.