Unhappy

Weasling past the guards wasn't hard, Laineth had plenty of experience getting herself into places she shouldn't be. The hardest part of her little mission was approaching Thranduil without him calling his guards on both her and Duvainion. She was lucky that she was able to change her appearance, the only thing he'd recognize about her was the dress she was wearing, which she had been wearing for almost two weeks.

"Move it, idiot," She commanded Duvainion as they walked over the bridges leading up to Thranduil's throne. From where they were, she could already see him sat up regally upon that huge throne. She had always thought that it was just an extension of his ego, of his arrogance, because he definitely didn't need a throne that sat feet above everyone else, allowing him to look down on his subjects more than he already could.

In her half ruined dress and cloak, the boots more scuffed than when she first put them on, she strut over the bridge, Duvainion shuffling in front of her. She was surprised that she could make her way through the Elvenking's halls without falling off the bridges and into the river or the floors below, considering she had been blind for the two years she had already been in the King's realm.

The King spotted the two approaching and he bolted upright, studying Duvainion's face. He looked around at his guards, who were also looking confused, they had not been made aware of any visitors, certainly not one who appeared to have a prisoner.

As they made their way up the steps, Laineth smiled brightly, her bright orange eyes darting up to meet with the King's icy blues.

"King Thranduil!" She cried, shoving Duvainion on his knees, her foot against his back, "I bring you a wanted man, I believe."

Thranduil arose from his throne and gracefully made his way down to meet his new visitors. He kept his eyes on Laineth's own, becoming almost enveloped in the fire.

"Who are you and who have you brought me?" He queried, raising his head up high. He didn't recognize Laineth, quite possibly a good thing.

"I have been away for half a month and you do not recognize me, Thranduil?" She smirked, pushing her foot further into Duvainion's back when he began to struggle.

Doing something most unlike him, Thranduils' mouth hung slightly open, this was Laineth? She looked so different, she looked more like Doriath royalty than the silvan elf that had been brought to his gates years ago. More importantly, she was no longer blind, by some miracle.

"Laineth?" He gasped, ignoring the smirking Duvainion that sat before him, "This is how you truly look, eyes and hair and all?"

With a more caring smile, Laineth nodded in confirmation, "Yes, my King. However, I believe this is more important," She knelt forward, replacing her foot with her knee on Duvainion's back.

Thranduil began to pace around the two of them in a circle, hands clasped behind his back, "I recognize your face," He mumbled, glaring at Duvainion, "Remind me where I have seen you before."

Laineth stayed silent, only once hissing to Duvainion to answer the King when he is talking to him, she observed Thranduil as he paced around. He appeared to look tired, something rarely seen in elves, especially one of his nature. He wore that same long silver gown that he always did, she wondered if he just had copies of the same outfit in his wardrobe and it was just full of them.

Duvainion grunted, refusing to look up at the King, "I am Duvainion, I fought against you and your father's forces at the battle of Dagorlad."

Looking back up at Laineth for a mere moment, there was some sort of realization or recognition in his eyes. She gave him a sympathetic look, she knew what was coming and she knew what Duvainion had done. She stepped in front of Duvainion and untied the lace from around his wrists, "Stand for the King," she commanded.