Knowledge

Laineth's appearance at the council had practically astounded Thranduil, so much so that when the meeting was adjourned, he remained sat in his seat at the head of the table, reading her notes over and over again. Her handwriting was unusually neat, he didn't expect someone of her nature to not only speak in such a way to the council but also stand up to Ortheron, possibly one of if not the most powerful member on the council behind the King himself. It was impressive, but Ortheron wasn't happy having an elleth speak to him in such a manner. He had been humiliated by someone much lesser than him and now he was demanding some sort of punishment to be handed down unto her for speaking out of turn.

As always, Thranduil brushed this off, Ortheron had been one of his more difficult counselors ever since he took over from his father. Ortheron was one of the few remaining counselors that had been on Oropher's council. Thranduil wanted to be rid of him, but Ortheron's house is a mighty one and they surely would've had something to say about Ortheron's "unduly" dismissal. For a long time, he had been used to the Lord's fiery tempers, almost akin to his own, so he didn't have much to say when he came stomping up to the King, asking for Laineth to be punished.

Truth be told, he had no clue what to do with the girl now. Yes, she would still be working with Aphadon in the healing halls, but healing is never in high demand in a kingdom full of elves. Laineth would be left with nothing to do except wander the halls, like a ghost roaming their place of death. Besides, while he was never too fond of the Noldor and their King, he will respect Gil-Galad's wishes and help Laineth keep her promise. For his kingdom, it was much better that she be with them under a watchful eye than be back gathering her father's forces, preparing for a new war.

He had decided that he would find Laineth something to do and perhaps learn more about her at the same time. Conveniently, he was looking for a sort of scholar, someone who would be able to write about the events of the realm. While Laineth hadn't been a resident for all that long, she was certainly involved in a few very important events in the realm's history, so he imagined that she would be a good candidate. Maybe he could convince her to write about her life as well, he knew that many would desire to read such a novel, no matter how long or short it was.

So, with a glint of confidence in his eyes, a confused Laineth trailing behind him struggling to keep up with his enthusiastic strides, he made his way to the great library. He wasn't dressed as regally as usual, opting for a more casual tunic and leggings, giving a silent hint to Laineth to calm herself down with all the dresses and fancily done hair. Thankfully, Laineth herself didn't look out of place. She hadn't planned on leaving the safety of her quarters until the King himself turned up at her door, so she was dressed in something that almost looked like a silk nightgown, a dark green in colour that fell to just above her ankles. Resorting back to old habits, she was parading down the halls in bare feet once again, realizing that she had no need to cover up now that everyone knew who she was.

"Thranduil please," She huffed to the King, "Do you not think I should be dressed in something more appropriate for gallivanting around your halls?"

He chuckled, "Do not fear, where we're going no one will be seeing you, not unless they come looking."

The elleth rolled her eyes, the King was a good riddlemaker, he never seemed to give her a straight answer and it bugged her. Every time a handmaiden or guard passed by, her cheeks turned red at the odd look they gave her. They were looking at her weirdly for a good reason, she was practically still in her bedclothes and she was still yet to have breakfast. But, she couldn't refuse the King, especially when he said that he said something to cure her boredom that would also help him.

"Well, you best hope to Elbereth that no one comes looking, otherwise I'll quite happily hang that wondrous cape of yours over your head," She grumbled in response, thinking of that long cape she'd seen Thranduil wear on occasion, likely dastardly to fight in, she imagined.