50 - The Main Villainess - Part 1

As we arrived at the hall for the school entrance event to begin properly, I noticed that there were more things off than expected. The knight portion was... a good amount larger than it should have been. Not just from a sudden boom in knight students from our fief, but also from the west-most of the northern Marquess territories.

While I suspect that 'Augustus' have inspired a good deal of young men, likely even outside our own fief... that cannot be the only explanation... though, I suppose that since I did save a lot of civilians back then, that the possible amount of boys is higher than it was in the story. Though, even then I have had no effect on our neighboring fief of Lord Stanbell... but Eric has...

Eric visits there once in a while and appears to be exchanging letters with the oldest son, Wolfram Stanbell. Since Eric changed our military after seeing my methods, he may have made a change to their military as well. Since the northern territories are very turbulent, a big change could cause a shift in power. If this shift in power has lead to an increase in population dying from war... then that could explain why there is twice as many from that fief compared to the other two.

So, another young man standing out between the group of ash mantled young men would be Wolfram. As expected for a novel for young girls, he is handsome... nothing new... with a pale, and almost ashy cyan hair he stands out among the young boys as blessed by the element of air. Honestly it's amazing he hasn't been killed, the rivalry of their houses considered... or... was he supposed to have died?

In the book the northern territories were never really mentioned, so I'd assumed they would be average at best if they even appeared. Since that is not the case, then Eric might indeed have changed something that let Wolfram live through the chaos.

Other than that one... There is an awful lot of foreign students... since none entered the harem or were mentioned, I didn't expect there to be any, at least not any in the knight class.

I glance to a blonde unnatural curl bouncing a bit a few rows ahead of me. Somehow... by the book standards I feel like I just found another villain... also, she appears to be lacking in the chest area as well. I feel like she may have been mentioned once in the book somewhere... but I can't seem to remember where.

Perhaps I'll ask the heroine's ginger friend, Helena Fox. Her family runs a paper printing company, and as such they also deal in news. I think they call her sort 'journalists'... I'm not familiar with the term from my former life, but they're basically the center of information and gossip. Ever wondered how the heroine managed to capture the hearts of all six of them? A certain someone came with some clever little hints and pretty much hinted at what troubled each of their hearts, and told her where to find them whenever she wanted to talk with them. If you truly wanted the heroine to fail, then you'd start out by parting her from Helena, no one ever did though. After all, Helena likely has dirt on everyone.

She's likely the most terrifying side character ever... though... interestingly she never stopped the bullying of the heroine though she should have been able to with all of her knowledge. I suspect her of trying to befriend the heroine and making her rise in the ranks to reap the harvest of their friendship later. So much for your closest friend, Claire-chan...

---*---

William takes the podium as the first year with the highest scores in our year. My own results were not bad by any means, but as you may know I have other studies I prefer more.

As I don't care for William I decide to ignore his emotional speech and see if I can spot other irregularities while our heroine Claire-chan goes teary eyed at the speech and charms William who notices her cry and show emotion in public from being touched by his speech.