172 - Not As Planned

Magdalin's Point Of View

I am still in shock.

I know it has been nearly two weeks since Lily-sama proposed to Lionel, but I'm still shocked. Not that the two of them got together, but at how quickly both of them have changed and gotten close without me there.

I suppose... I might be a bit sad to see her have another part of her life where I can only help her half heartedly because I don't know what is going on... but more than anything else... I want the juicy details!

The cool and strong Lily-sama has completely and utterly fallen for someone, and I want to see it up close or at least hear about it!

Oh well. I can still get a little information out of her, when her facade falls from remembering cute things with Lionel. Also, right now I have a place that no one else has. The place by her side. Meaning I get to tease her a little without being punished.

A lot and then she'll take a sly revenge...

The evening after the proposal the Tepet knights dragged Lionel to the river, looking like a pack of wild looking beasts and threw him in it. According to Asher it was some loving hazing for being proposed to by a girl.

Lily was surprisingly calm about it too. Though mentioning that had she been in Lionel's shoes then the knights would have been going through hell the next day, but that she said they were being quite cute with a dangerous glint in her eyes.

So I, in my eternal wisdom thought I would be immune to said punishment, and decided to use this invulnerability power just this once... maybe or maybe not as a itty bitty revenge, for Lily-sama not giving me details about Lionel.

Thus I convinced Lily-sama to go with me to the river to... observe their 'hazing' a bit closer. So, we got closer until we could see them splashing river water on each other, and Lily-sama watched them amusement. I spent this opening to move to her side, and then used all of my body weight to shove Lily into the water with a happy grin.

After all, she wouldn't allow any of the knights to help her, and these dresses get so heavy and restrictive that you can't actually swim in them. The water seems to be low enough that she might be able to walk, but she might also get stuck with the horrible heeled boots we are wearing, so Lionel will have to save her and I get to see them be cute up close.

Perfect plan.

Except... I forgot how much Lily-sama plays this with Iris-chan...

So Lily-sama grabbed one of my hands while stepping back and let me continue straight ahead towards the water... but since she didn't let go I ended up dangling halfway over the water from my hand, which Lily-sama was holding to keep me from falling in... but she didn't help me up either and just left me dangling there for the knights to see as they spotted me trying to mess with Lily...

'Ara, what are you doing? that looks quite dangerous,' Lily-sama had said while smiling at me. Her eyes shone though. She was amused with my failed attempt.

Two still dry knights jumped into the river to save me, gallantly holding me... over their heads to bring me to land while Lily-sama half heartedly scolded them for messing around in the river with their clothes on.

While she was talking the savior of my plan appeared from the shadows behind Lily-sama, sneaking up on her even though he was soaking wet from having been tossed in the river by his knights.

Well placed dedication, Lionel-sama!

Was my last thought before Lily grabbed the hand he was trying to catch her with and then with no apparent effort tossed him straight back to the river...