Chapter 17

The thermoplastic cube Charlotte was laying in was see through, so she could see the world and the world could see her. The world mainly anyone who was in the room that contained Charlotte and the box.

"So why thermoplastic and not normal plastic?" Jasper asked. He was leaning against a wall of the box sideways resting is head against it.

Charlotte who was sitting in the same position on her side of the wall replied, "Thermoplastic won't be warped or changed with fire or explosions. I don't really know what will happen when I die." To anyone that walked in the room it looked like Charlotte and Jasper were sitting side by side, until they noticed the wall.

"Explosions?" Jasper asked wearily. He was tired, not in a literal sense but a mental and emotional one. It wasn't everyday you're girlfriends are going to die an unnatural death in an unknown way.

"All in time Jazz. You'll see." Charlotte hushed. "You know what sounds good? Pie. Pie sounds really good."

"I can bring you some?" Jasper volunteered quickly. All he wanted was to touch Charlotte again. To feel her smooth skin, to feel her odd temperature against his.

"That's okay. I want you here." Charlotte whispered. She could feel the sap running through her empty veins. She really didn't understand why she needed veins in the first place because there was really no use for them. But as the sap spread it could be seen like black lines drawn where the veins were. Up her neck, down her right arm to her fingers, across her chest.

"Does it hurt?" Jasper whispered holding back the pain in his voice. He didn't want Charlotte hurting, he didn't want her to suffer anymore than she had to.

"More of a general discomfort really." Charlotte shrugged. That wasn't really true but it wasn't a lie. The side of her body that wasn't yet touched by the sap felt uncomfortable but the part were it had burned.

"There's someone downstairs." Jasper stood up. "Who would be here?"

Charlotte scooted back so she was away from the wall but sat in the center of the box. There was yelling from the stairs all the up until Charlotte's room. She didn't understand what was happening until the door burst open by a woman who resembled Charlotte.

"Janice! What are you doing here?" Charlotte was astonished to see the woman who raised her standing in front of her.

"Well I did raise you. I'm not letting you die without seeing you again." Janice rolled her eyes. Jasper who had been standing at the door with a hard expression softened it.

"You came to say goodbye?" Charlotte whispered on the verge of tears.

"Diluxae comlente abrui." Janice gave a pained look down at Charlotte. "I hope you find peace in whatever afterlife we get."

"It's not that I'm worried about." Charlotte looked down at her lap blinking away tears. She was worried about Jasper and how he would handle it.

"Although I doubt you'll reach it. Considering what you plan on doing." Janice leaned against the room wall by the door.

"What is she planning on doing?" Jasper asked slowly.

"Well someone infected with the sap dies gently. Their soul leaves their body leaving a lifeless corpse. Charlotte is encased in a suicide box nicknamed because that's what a fey goes in to end their life." Janice shrugged indiffertly.

"What?" Jasper felt like he had been slapped.

"Remember when I told you about how when a faerie ends their life how everything in the room gets sucked into a vortex? The body is the vortex." Charlotte tried explaining.

"And at the right moment she will end her life so her soul gets sucked back into her body." Janice finished grinning.

"Will it work?"Jasper asked apprehensive about the whole plan.

"I don't know." Charlotte swallowed thickly. Charlotte laid down looking at the ceiling unable to catch a decent breath. The world spun slightly but this was just the beginning.