Chapter One

It was without thought, it was without design, but yet there was a raw beauty to it, Jun felt. Like the shape of a twisted and stunted tree branch, like the unloved dandelion or the enduring, simple grass. If one just saw it from a different perspective.

At that moment there were only two people to witness, only two people to acknowledge this. Of course Jun could not know how the other viewed or felt about it, he barely understood it himself. Just, in that moment, for one brief second, from within the haze that clouded his mind, he felt that it was beautiful.

But only if he thought of it in the present. Only if he considered it during that moment in time as their breaths mingled, as their bodies reconnected over and over, as their minds were clouded in the lust and the pleasure that threatened to drown them. In the present, he lifted his hips up and down as the thick member of the other pierced his body repetitively. Unable to slow down, unable to stop.  In the present, the aroma of passion and the slightly floral scent of his pheromones shrouded them in a hazy mist that heightened their needs. It was both repugnant and intoxicating.  In the present, two strangers sought fruition in each other, sweat beading upon their skins and gasps escaping from their throats.  Their personal thoughts were unnecessary, unneeded.

This was the present. This was when it was beautiful.

Tomorrow was the future and the future brought with it the cold light of day, reality, shame and all manner of obstacles that both would have to face as individuals. But that was tomorrow. As long as he didn't think of tomorrow, he could drown in this pleasure, cry out his passions and sink into the beautiful depravation of his bodily heat. If only this moment could remain the present...

Unfortunately, that could not happen and the cold light was even chillier and more uncompromising than he had expected. Reality was unkind to an Omega at the best of times and though he felt pitiful as the warm sun refused to shine on him anymore, he also could not regret that beautiful, fleeting moment. For sometimes, even in the darkest of times, treasure could be discovered.

*****

Jun woke up suddenly, gasping, before rolling over and groaning into his pillow. He had had that dream again, that moment when the reality of his nature became all too apparent and he could no longer deny his gender. At the time, he had thought that it was the worst moment of his life. He had finally come to realise just why his mother never cared for him or treated him as well as his older sister, he had finally come to realise just why he could not use his family name when attending school, college and university. And he had finally understood that the only reason that he had been kept in the family at all was due to his talent, one that his sister did not share.

Of course none of that mattered anymore. His mother's reasons, her schemes, they were all at end. She was dead and Jun could no longer raise the necessary sorrow for this fact. Instead all he felt was relief.  He was not the only one to feel this way and that was perhaps the most sorrowful thing of all. Neither of that woman's children could cry due to her passing, the chains wrapped around them had been unlocked and they were free to fly.

As he dressed, he glanced out of the window and saw the estate agents hammering the 'For Sale' sign. His sister, Hanako, was standing there as witness. It was truly the end of an era, the end of the Midori family. Although a branch family might one day claim the legacy for themselves, they would still have to work hard to make it truly their own.

He stepped outside of the traditional minka house as the agents were finishing their task and walked towards Hanako.  "Are you certain about this, sister," he asked, glancing back at the property his mother was so invested in.  This place had been in their family ever since their ancestors had emigrated here a couple of centuries ago and built it. It was the link to those ancestors his mother revered above all else, even above her daughter and heir.  He for one would not miss the place that had become his prison for the last five years.