Chapter Twenty Six

"What?" Jun questioned, almost immediately.  What was Kazuhiko suggesting?  It was just an upset stomach, probably the wine removing itself from his system.

"Keiichi mentioned that this was not the first time you have been sick of late," Kazuhiko said, his face holding a look of seriousness that Jun could not read nor comprehend.

"I've just been a little run down," Jun said, dismissively.  "Let me go, I should start breakfast."

Kazuhiko wrapped his arms about Jun's waist, holding him closer and denying him the chance to flee.  "You know that there is a chance," Kazuhiko insisted, "we came together several times in your last heat and birth control medicines are never 100% effective.  Especially if you miss taking one or..."

"I didn't!" Jun burst out, trying to push Kazuhiko away.  Why was he being so insistent on this?  Surely, he knew better than the man before him, his own body!  When Kei had nestled hidden in his body, he had been a mess, exhausted for no reason, vomiting virtually everything that he had eaten, crying every five minutes because he couldn't arrange the flowers the way he wished to... he'd been coaxed by the girl who lived in the tiny rundown flat next to his own cheap accommodation to the hospital, where he had discovered the secret below his heart.

"I took suppressants, a lot before you came by," Jun said, leaning over to grab the box hidden in the top drawer of his bedside cabinet and thrust them into Kazuhiko's chest.  "See, this was a fresh box before that time." 

Reflexively, Kazuhiko caught the package in his hands, releasing Jun, who immediately stormed away from him.  He was feeling a little stunned for he had never seen his beloved omega react so and Kazuhiko had surely provoked him in the past what with marking and rejecting him, then showing up years later wanting to see his son.  The flushed expression and furrowed brows coupled with green eyes aflame with an internal fire flashed was burned in his memory beside all of the other faces Jun had shown him so far and he felt the lower body that had been so sated just a few hours before spring to life.

His knees gave way and he fell backward upon the bed, a grin spreading across his face.  Ah his heart had been stolen just a bit more, he felt, chuckling lightly.  Shaking his head, he glanced at the box still in his hands; the suppressant.  It was as Jun said, the foil packaging had several of the small round pills missing from their protective bubbles, probably too many in fact.  Was it supposed to be taken so generously?

He turned the box over and began to read the tiny instructions upon the back.  Take one pill no more than three times a day... he blinked.  He couldn't be sure when Jun's heat had started, but eight pills had been used, he could only hope Jun hadn't risked his body... not a child prevention medicine...

Freezing, he read those five little words to be sure that he wasn't misreading them.  But no matter how much he read them, they were not changing.  His heart skipped a beat before a longing hope filled his chest.  Suppressing it down, he threw on his clothes from yesterday, quickly making plans in his head.  What was the time?  How long would it take him to rush back home for a change of clothes?  Was there a convenience store open at this time or was there a supermarket open twenty four hours close by?

"Jun!  Is it alright if I leave Kou here with you for a bit?" He called out as he hurried into the living room.  Kei was sitting up the table, eating toast and jam, while Kou was in Jun's arms messily chewing on the corner of a softened piece of buttered toast.

"It's not a problem," Jun allowed, with a slight tilt of question.  "Could I ask why?"

"Just thinking of grabbing a change of clothes for us both," Kazuhiko replied, speaking in half-truths.  "We could go out later, maybe, as a family."  Kei glanced up with a bright, happy expression.