Knight

The next day, Yui and some of the other girls on our team decide to miss school to support the boys. And by decided I mean Yui threatened to burn all of my My Hero Academia merch that I owned. Also she stole my flash drive with some important school documents on it and wouldn't give it back until I promised to go. I love the girl and would do anything for her, but she aggravates me sometimes.

So here I was again but this time not in my uniform, but a jean skirt with a burgundy top tucked in and my volleyball jacket. I was wearing skinny jeans at first, but Yui said it would be cuter and since the boys are playing Aoba Johsai, there was a high chance that I'd see Oikawa again. I agreed since not because I'd see Oikawa, but because I knew I'd get to see Daichi there. I made the mistake of telling her about my encounter with Oikawa the day before, skipping over the parts about Daichi. She believes that Oikawa is into me, although I completely disagree. I do agree that I consider him a friend especially after how kind he has been to me, but looking at the way he flirts with every girl he comes across, I have doubts on the liking part. Plus there's the part that he's not the one I like, but I couldn't really tell her that.

We wave to the boys when we arrive as they warm up on the court. My eyes immediately dart to Daichi who's talking to Suga as they stretch, he looks up at that moment and we make eye contact. I usually freeze up in fear as my heart races, but this time I just smile in encouragement and wave. Him and Suga grin and wave back clearly delighted that us girls showed up to root for them. This makes the all too familiar butterflies bloom in my stomach.

My eyes then drift over to the players from Aoba Johsai as I sit in my chair, waiting for the game to begin. I immediately spot Oikawa as he sets the ball to a player who spikes it over the net effortlessly. So this is what a powerhouse school looks like. My brother and his teammates look over nervously at them and my gut clenches. Everyone believed Date Tech was going to be versing Aoba Johsai today, not Karasuno, and no one thinks they are going to win today either. So I have to support and encourage them as much as I can, so they know that people do believe in them.

I look over at Oikawa setting the ball to Iwaizumi now, and falter. The determination hinted with almost desperation in his voice when he told me about wanting to finally beat Shiratorizawa made me frown. I almost don't want to see either team lose today.

"Can't decide to root for your brother or your new boyfriend?" Yui teases me, nudging me with her elbow.

"What? No!" I defend too quickly. "Of course I'm supporting Asahi and the guys. And he's not my boyfriend, Yui-chan."

"Who's not your boyfriend?" Mei pipes up from Yui's other side.

"The one and only Tooru Oikawa," Yui says with a cheeky grin.

"What!" Haruka gasps. "Your dating Tooru Oikawa?"

"No I am definitely not!" I exclaim. "He's just a friend."

"Why didn't you tell us you are friends with him?" Mei complains.

"It was a recent development," I mutter to them.

"We need details sweetie. How did this happen?" Mei demands.

I sigh and give them a brief overview, skipping over his and my personal parts. I don't think he would want me sharing his insecurities to the girls.

"Oh he definitely likes you," Haruka says, giggling. "Ugh, I'm so jealous."

"He barely knows me," I tell them. "We've had two brief interactions. That's not enough time for someone to start having feelings for another person."

I look out at the court again and my eyes subconsciously drift to a certain brunette setter. He's standing in the middle of the court looking up at the people sitting behind his school's banner to support them. He then looks over at our banner and sees me. His eyes widen and a smile forms on his face as he gives me a wave. I wave back a small smile forming on my lips. This catches the attention of the girls around me and squeals fill my ears as Yui shakes my arm.