Sorry

In the bathroom, I splash some water on my face and flatten my hair down.

Get a grip, Asuga. Why are you acting weird? So what? The guy became your friend and then ditched after you rejected him. Daichi just confessed to you. You should have forgotten all about that pretty-boy by now.

I sigh and dry my face, combing my fingers through the fringe of my dark brown hair and fixing the bands on the ends of my braids.

I push open the door and start to make my way to the stairs when my path is blocked.

"Well aren't you a cutie," I hear a voice above me say. I look up to see two boys from the team versing Shiratorizawa today. "Wanna come cheer us on today?"

"Excuse me, I have to get back to my friends," I tell them, avoiding eye contact. I don't have the patience for idiot, hormonal boys right now.

"Aw come on. We just wanna talk to you some more," the other one grins.

"Please, just let me through," I tell him, getting annoyed. I try to sidestep them but one of them blocks me and backs me up to the wall.

"Not until you tell me your name, babe," he says with a smirk.

"Leave me alone," I tell them in a louder voice. Unfortunately, my voice wavers due to the close proximity I am with this creep. Dammit. Now I sound like a weak little girl.

"Why? We just wanna ta-" the boy gets cut off by a voice.

"You know, when a girl says to leave her alone, you really should just leave her alone." The voice is confident and almost condescending. It's all too familiar to me.

"Tooru-kun!" The exclamation flies out of my mouth before I can stop myself. The two guys in front of me immediately back off revealing Oikawa standing a few yards down the hallway. His hands are in the pockets of his pants while his bag is slung around his shoulder. He stands there in a relaxed stance, a bright smile on his face, although the fire in his eyes gives away his true emotions right now. His teammate, Iwaizumi, stands next to him, a glare fixed on his face.

"Isn't that Tooru Oikawa?" one of the boys mumbles to the other.

"I don't think Asu-chan wants to watch you be completely crushed by Shiratorizawa," Oikawa continues as he walks towards us.

I stand frozen against the wall. He's right in front of me now. Say something. Make a comment. At least move away from these creeps. But I can't move as I watch the ace setter delightfully picking apart these two guys.

"Are you two that desperate for attention that you go and throw yourselves at girls who don't even want you?" Oikawa is standing in front of me now, his back facing me as he faces the two boys.

"Tooru-kun, it's fine-" I finally speak up.

"No, it's not fine," he cuts me off in a sharp tone, then focuses back on the boys. "You think since you're bigger than her, you can disrespect her? Never speak to her again. Now get out of my sight."

The boys scramble away down the hallway and turn the corner going out of our sight. Oikawa is silent for a few seconds and then turns to face me, a worried look in his eyes.

"Are you okay?" he asks me. "They didn't touch you at all, did they?"

"Wha- no!" I exclaim, quickly "No, they didn't. I'm fine... um good luck with the game. I'm just gonna go."

I start for the stairs, but Oikawa stops me, placing a hand on my shoulder. I tense up, the knot in my stomach getting worse. "Wait. Asu-chan, I'm-" He breaks off and I turn around to face him. He isn't looking at me,  but at the floor instead.