Final

It's the third set of the game. Both teams look utterly exhausted, but determination is radiating off each and every one of them. They have all put their whole effort into this game. The audience has been on edge since the beginning. No one knows who is going to win and go on to the finals. The Shiratorizawa game already ended in the other gym. They won by a landslide like everyone predicted, but this game is not going how people were predicting. Many of Oikawa's fans who are sitting near by believed that Aoba Johsai was going to easily cinch the spot in the finals, but its turned out much different.

Karasuno has changed. Asahi had told me how hard the team had worked to grow and improve, but this is beyond my expectations. They just keep pulling insane plays from their new bag of tricks. I guess playing dozens of games against top schools from Tokyo changes you.

"Why didn't we ever do that?" Yui exclaims when Nishinoya jumps over the line and sets the ball.

"Because I could never do that," I mutter. "I'm terrible at setting. Nishinoya must have practiced for days to be able to pull that off.

"The rest of them as well," Mei comments.

"Yeah, we could have never pulled off a synchronized play," Yui adds. "These boys really pushed themselves. I just hope it wasn't all for nothing in the end."

I look over at Oikawa. It doesn't look like his knee is hurting him which is good, but exhaustion is clearly written on his face. I bite my lip.

He wants this win just as much as any of the Karasuno boys. He worked so hard for this. He pushed himself to try and get better almost damaging his body while in the process. I know its selfish, but I don't want to see either team lose. The heartbreak on the faces of the boys last time they lost to Aoba Johsai and how torn up Tooru was after he lost in the finals made my chest hurt.

Wow this sucks.

It's now Karasuno's game point. Everything seems like it's going in slow motion as Kageyama sets the ball to Hinata. Yui grabs my hand and grips it tightly. Three blockers jump to stop the orange haired first year as Oikawa stands in the back, ready to receive in the off chance it gets through. Hinata hits it, making the ball tip off one of the blocker's hands. It goes rocketing towards the floor, hitting Oikawa's hands and flying out of bounds.

Its silent in the gym, then suddenly a roar resounds and the Karasuno players are leaping on top of each other.

They won.

Yui and Mei cheer from beside me and I join in as well as my eyes meet with my brother's. I give him a big smile and he puts a hand on his forehead, an astonished look on his face. His attention is then taken by Nishinoya who is jumping up and down in front of him, yelling something probably about the game.

My attention also moves subconsciously to the Aoba Johsai players, and my smile drops. Oikawa stands in the center of the court, his head down. The rest of his team is walking off the court and he follows, giving Iwaizumi, who hasn't moved, a pat on the back. I wish I could do something, but I don't know what to do.

He's probably blaming their loss all on himself since he touched the ball last. He's probably telling himself that he should have done better as the setter and as the captain. I remember Yui blaming herself when we lost since she was captain and thought it was her responsibility to shoulder it all.

I want to go to him, but I know I shouldn't. He should be with his team now.

There's nothing I can do, and I hate it.

We start to head down to the front entrance and pass by the Aoba Johsai team in different states of grief. Two boys are talking quietly to each other while packing up their things. Iwaizumi is silent as he leans against the wall, arms crossed with his head down. He glares down as if it was the floor's fault for his defeat.