Feelings

Daichi grabs my hand, getting me to turn around to face him. I look up to see our faces are millimeters apart. I draw in a sharp breath, surprised at our close proximity. His gaze flickers down to my lips and mine do as well to his. He then moves forward and kisses me. I close my eyes and rest my palms on the front of his black and orange uniform. His lips feel a little chapped and not as soft as Oikawa's, but its nice.

Nice? Is that all I can describe it as? This is Daichi Sawamura you're kissing. You've liked him for years! You have to feel something from it.

But I don't feel anything besides his lips pressed to mine.

Nothing.

I pull back and open my eyes. Diachi wears an almost confused expression as he stares back at me. I guess he sees my troubled frown since he speaks up. "You didn't feel anything either, did you?"

It was the same for him? So I'm not going crazy. But what does this mean? Why don't I feel anything?

I shake my head at him. "No, I'm sorry," I mumble.

"Don't apologize," he tells me. We stand there in silence before he asks me a question. "Is it because of Oikawa?"

My chest flutters at the mention of his name, and the realization hits me.

All these feelings. Everything I feel around Tooru. Is this why?

I think back to Monday. The feeling in my chest when he kissed me. The tingles throughout my body that lingered even after he pulled away.

These feelings. Do I love Tooru? Was I so focused on Daichi that I completely ignored my own feelings? Do I love him?

No. I don't love him, but I have these feelings for him. I feel like I'm drawn to him. I want to be around him. I want to make him smile and laugh. I want to be with him

I want to be with Tooru.

"Y-yes," I say, my voice cracking. "I'm sorry. I didn't even realize..." I trail off, embarrassed at my admission.

Daichi gives me a small smile. "Like I said, you don't have to apologize. I understand. I think there might be someone else for me as well."

I give him a confused look so he continues.

"Well with Michimiya-san helping me out with you, I got to know her more," he confesses. "I guess we both didn't realize our feelings until now."

"You like Yui-chan?" I gasp.

He laughs nervously. "I guess I do."

"Well then, good luck to both of us then," I say.

"I guess there's going to be no dinner Sunday?" he asks me.

"You can use that time to celebrate with your team after you win the finals," I tell him with a smile. "Good luck out there today."

His face breaks into a smile. "Thank you," he tells me. I watch him walk away as he heads to the gym entrance.

Did that really just happen?

I lean against the wall, take a deep breath and let out a long sigh.

Well this has certainly been an interesting development.

I really like Tooru. It took me kissing Daichi to realize it. Now what am I gonna do? I rejected Tooru on Monday. Is it wrong to take it back? Would it be cruel? I don't want to hurt him anymore than I already have.