Letter 18

Dear Pat,

After speaking to you at length on the phone and taking some time to think about it myself, I decided to write out my thoughts about all this before I actually followed through on my decision. That way, I would have better perspective about my decision.

I know what is happening right now is not ideal. Then again, I know the one thing you always say. Life is not ideal. It is the ups and downs that make you stronger and more sure of who you are.

While I have known Tanmay only for a few weeks now, I feel like he's become a part of my life. This new phase of my life. And while I knew that this new phase is something that may not last forever because I may have to move, I was starting to get used to it.

I also didn't think that there would be these sort of complications in our story. The reasonable side of me believes that it could happen to anyone and everyone comes with their own stories from their pasts. The more unreasonable side though? That side is a little low. I want to hold on to those memories that I made before I found all this out. I want to smile and not feel lousy. But the truth is I do feel a little lousy. Ugh, I hate that.

Anyway, the decision I have come to is to move out for a few days and go to Meghana's house. She is cool with it. I feel like a little bit of space would help a lot. I know my stint in this city is a lot more than this house and Tanmay. While he's great, I will always put myself first.

There. I feel so good saying that.

Thanks for the talk, Pat. <3

I'm on my way to pack my bag.

All my love,

L.

P.S. I think I'll introduce Meghana to Gilmore Girls as well. We can have a GG marathon. I'm excited already. :D

Author's Note: Well, I seem to have surprised my own self with such a quick update. And there's more. I have Letter 19 coming up as well. Haw! Too many surprises in one go, ya! :P

S.