Chapter ~ 17

"What the-" grimaced Jimin as they watched Taehyung making out with some other girl he had hooked up with after dumping Eunha

Of all places, they chose the cafeteria.

"Weren't they making out in the hallway a few minutes ago?" Jungkook questioned all confused and shook.

"Why here?!" Lisa whined in disgust, having no appetite after watching them.

"What's happening to him?" Jimin mumbled as he had seen Taehyung hooking up with different girls every day. He had also noticed how suddenly distant Taehyung and Y/n are.

On the other hand, Y/n was feeling down and confused still thinking as to what made him change and this scene in front of them did not help as it made her very uncomfortable and uneasy.

She was wrong thinking that he would change back to his old self. Taehyung was acting the same even after their quarrel that night. They hardly have any conversations- only exchange one or two words when necessary.

They don't go to college together like they used to anymore. Taehyung is the first to leave home in the morning and is the last to return in the night. This way he was successful in avoiding her.

Despite the way she was being treated, she always made sure to keep his share of food so that he wouldn't starve when he gets back.

Unable to stay any longer she stands up with a heavy heart. "Guys, I have some work. Got to go, bye." She lied before leaving the cafeteria quickly ignoring the calls from Lisa and Jungkook.

"She looks troubled.." Lisa said in a worried tone watching Y/n rushing out.

"Is it only me or have you guys noticed Taehyung ignoring Y/n?" Jimin questioned.

"Yeah! Recently, I saw Y/n looking quite hurt when Taehyung merely brushed past her in the hallway." Said Jungkook.

"Guess the talk didn't work out. What's wrong with him?" Lisa frowned and looked towards Taehyung's direction- they were still eating each others faces.

"What talk?" The Busan boys asked in unison, confusion written on their faces.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

Meanwhile, Y/n was seated on the rooftop bench trying to clear her mind that was clustered with unanswered thoughts.

How would one feel if their best friend without any context suddenly spits harsh words, acts unbothered and ignores them?

That's how she feels now. Hurt and confused.

Something else bothered her as well. She doesn't know why but she felt her heart clench watching them being intimate back in the cafeteria.

It never bothered me before.. But why now?
She thought.

I couldn't bring myself to watch them.