62

"I'm in front of the building. Where exactly are you?" A furious Maryam asked at the top of her lungs.

"Calm down, lioness." Nafisa chuckled from the other side of the line. There's absolutely no need to get hyped up. I'm right here. I hope you didn't let anyone else know about this meeting." She emphasised.

"I didn't." She replied, curtly. "I just want to see my child."

"Good." She replied.

Maryam could sense her smirking from the other side of the phone. "Please d-" before she could finish her statement, Nafisa had already ended the call.

~~~~~

Not more than five minutes later, Nafisa appeared before her, smirking perilously. "Wow! It's nice to finally see you again." She ridiculed.

Scoffing, Maryam questioned; "where is Manal?"

"I know." She gave a lopsided smile. "But not so soon, ma'am." She rolled her eyes. "First and foremost, we need to talk business."

Exasperatedly, Maryam spoke; "what do you want from me? Name your price. I will give you any amount you ask for, just give me back my daughter please."

"Money." Nafisa smirked. "I will definitely ask for it. A large amount at that, but before that, I want you to kneel in front of me."

"You swindler." Maryam lunged at her, ready to punch her smirking face, but unfortunately for her, she was able to scurry away and two hunk guys, plus a skinny one appeared behind her.

"Try it." Nafisa dared. "Try it and see what happens next."

"I didn't come here for this. Please just tell me where you've hidden my child and we will leave." She beseeched. "Like I promised, I didn't inform anyone. Not even my husband."

"Do I look like I care?" She rolled her eyes. "Will you do what I ordered you to do, or..." She trailed off. "Should I leave?"

"Hey, babe! I don't think she's ever going to do it. Let's leave. I just can't wait to finish what we started. Poor little thing! Her mother doesn't care about her. She only cares about her self-respect. Come on, let's leave." The skinny guy who happened to be her boyfriend remarked.

"I think you're right, Mukthar." Nafisa agreed and turned to leave.

"Wait." Maryam screamed. "You want me to kneel in front of you? I will do it. Just please return my daughter back to me." She cried.

"I have already promised you I will." She furrowed her brows. "Now, do it!"

With unshed tears in her eyes, Maryam nodded. If it had not been for her daughter's same, she would have ripped Nafisa's head off her neck with the amount of pain and anger in her. Who would have thought the girl who had came to her home, years back, would turn out to be this cruel and inhumane. She wished she had listened to her husband and all these would have been prevented. She was not worth any of her concern, yet she treated her like she would treat her own daughter. She never maltreated her just because she was a maid, but the payment for her kindness was malignity. She was about to do a humiliate herself in front of her previous servant, but it was all for her daughter - she reminded herself. Just her. She was a mother and no mother in their right senses would be able to endure the fact that her daughter was being held hostage. Without further thinking, she knelt down in front of her. "Please give me back my child." She cried, tears running down her cheeks like a loose faucet. Tears from humiliation, pain and most of all, tears for her poor daughter, whom she did not know the condition she must be in.

Laughing in satisfaction, Nafisa remarked; "you look so beautiful in that position. It is exactly where you belong; AT. MY. FEET!" She enunciated through gnashed teeth. "This is pay back time, habibty." She mocked. "I will make you pay for all the things you did to me, while I was living under your roof."