Chapter 9

After begging him for another hour or so on how I could not be his girlfriend, he finally complied with being a friend which was something I was not up for either but I wasn't about to tell him that. Although he did say, he was only backing down for a short while and he is still determined to make me his girl. I don't know what his deal was with putting a label on me. I rolled my eyes as I recalled his stubborn approach to coercing me. I was starting to understand why my brothers were so determined to not let me befriend men. THEY, meaning men, WERE A PAIN IN THE BUTT. If all men were like him then I preferred female friends anytime. I shook my head as I rubbed my temples in a circular motion to relax my tensed nerves. I really did not need this toxicity in my life right now. I don't know how Zoya was so happy with guy friends.

By some miracle of God, Ibraheem had said that some stuff had come up so he was leaving me for a while which I was truly grateful for. But yet again he had promised he would be returning late at night and I should reply to his messages then, no matter what. Obviously, he had threatened that if I didn't reply, he would personally come to give me a reminder. I had told him that I had school tomorrow so I might be asleep by the time he replies so to my surprise, he added that I would be excused if I am already asleep but I should send him a message when I am about to sleep just so that he knows.

This man had serious issues about being the center of attention. I felt bad for his parents, they had raised a narcissistic egoistic creep but I wasn't one to judge. He must have his reasons for being like this. All I knew was, I really needed a breather after the immense amount of stress he had thrown me in. It was like a hurricane that was constantly pulling me in despite my struggle against it. I could only think of Ibraheem in one way. One word. Disaster. He was going to destroy my peaceful life before I even get a chance to shield myself but I had to be smart about this. I knew for a fact that ignoring him was not a good idea. Ignoring led to angering which led to risky decisions such as standing outside of my house. A gamble I was not willing to take again.

I was absent minded during dinner when my father had arrived only twenty minutes after he had left. My family had noticed how I was constantly spacing out but they didn't ask too many questions probably blaming my studies for my behavior which I was thankful for. It was hard to lie to my family and I really didn't have the mental capacity or skill to pull it off. All I could think of was what I should do to get this guy off my back, the prospects of him leaving me alone seemed pretty bleak and dim at this point but I couldn't give up hope. Just the thought of my brothers finding out about this was enough to encourage me not to give up making plans to get rid of this person.

After dinner, I flumped on my bed and screamed into my pillow from the sheer frustration I was feeling. I had racked my minds on all the possible ways on how to get out of this mess but it was pretty useless. I felt like if I tried talking to Ibraheem, it would feel as if I am talking to a wall or a rock. I don't know if that man was doing this on purpose or not but it was draining me out. I felt my eyelids getting heavy and before I knew it, I had drifted off to sleep. I woke up to the sound of a bang. Blinking multiple times, I opened my eyes to adjust to the bright light around me, I usually dimmed the lights before sleeping but I was too drained and probably forgot to turn them off. I raised my head from my position and looked around, it was dark outside so I was guessing it was not morning yet.

I grabbed my phone from the side table and looked at the time. It was almost 2 something in the night. I was about to sleep again when I heard yet another bang coming from outside. I groggily got up, my hair was sticking out in all directions it frankly looked like a bird's nest. I yawned while dragging my feet to the window and peeked outside. Who the heck couldn't sleep at this time of the night? I almost choked on my yawn when I saw Ibraheem standing in the exact place I had left him in a few hours ago. He looked angry. I felt like someone, Ibraheem to be precise, had thrown a fresh bucket of ice cold water on me because my sleep induced self disappeared in seconds. He was glaring at me and then shuffled through his jean pockets and took out his phone and pointed towards it. I mouthed an 'Oh' as I realized what he was saying. Fortunately, there was no one else around at that time and I was guessing my parents were not awake either so that was a relief.