Chapter 47

"What's wrong bhai? Why do you look so serious?" The grin slowly faded from Misha's face. Humayun gave her an icy look before taking out his phone from his pocket. He played the video and pointed it towards Misha.

"When were you going to tell us about this? Were you ever planning to?" Humayun's bitter words cut through Misha but she had lost her strength to speak. The video had drained all color from her face along with any words she had on the tip of her tongue.

"Bhai, how did you....I don't, I mean," Misha stuttered as she unconsciously stepped back and looked up at her brother. She had no idea on what to respond with. How much did her brother know? Was it just this? Was it more? What was she going to do now?

"How did I find it? Is that all you are worried about? My friend showed it to me!" Humayun's voice rose as he took a dangerous step towards Misha. Misha's mother who was standing behind Humayun noticed the tension in the air and decided to step forward.

"What is going on, Humayun?" She asked as she looked at Humayun face and then at Misha's mortified expression.

"Apni beeti se pouchen yeh kya karti rehti hai bahir. (Ask your daughter what she is doing outside.)" Humayun said as he played the video and handed it over to his mother while still glaring at his sister. "I need an explanation Misha. I know he is the same guy who talked to you in the mall. Is he bothering you? Why does he have a pistol? Why did you not tell us? Jawab dou mujhe. (Answer me.)"

"Bhai, I don't....kn-know what t-to s-say." Misha said fearfully.

"Just tell me, is he stil bothering you? I will kill him! I will break all his bones for doing this to you. Men us par FIR katwa deta hun. (I will report him to the police). Do you have his contact information?" Humayun's tone softened as he looked at his sister who looked like a deer in headlights.

"No, no, he doesn't bother me anymore so you don't need to do that anymore." Misha said in a low whisper that her brother heard. By now, their father and Qasim had also seen the video and were standing behind Humayun with suspicious stares. Misha was very close to a panic attack now. It was hard to breath for her. She felt so suffocated in her lounge which was in fact a very spacious area. Her father's intense stare along with Humayun's words made the air so thick with tension that she found it hard to stand without support. She leaned against the wall to keep herself steady.

"Even if he doesn't bother you, I am still going to beat him to an inch of his life for bothering you. Woh kutta hota kon hai meri behan ko chehray? Naam batao mujhe uska bas! (Who does that dog think he is to bother my sister? Just give me his name!)" Humayun rose his voice again as anger took over his features. Qasim joined him and looked at Misha for answers.

"Salay ko kutt dengay hum. Misha tum bas naam batao. Aisi ki taisi us kameenay ki. (We will beat up that jerk. Misha, just tell us his name. We will destroy that douchebag.) Qasim added while spreading a menacing aura. The image of Ibraheem getting beaten by her brothers was too scary to imagine. She loved her brothers and she loved Ibraheem as well. She couldn't bear to see that.

"I d-don't know h-his na-name." Misha stuttered while looking away and clutching to her phone tightly. An expression Humayun and Qasim noticed immediately. She was being hesitant. She definitely knew who he was. Why was she lying? Qasim and Humayun thought as they looked at each other and back again at their sister knowing what to do next.

"Misha, give us your phone." Humayun said in a more normal tone as he brought his hand forward so she could hand it over.

"No. I can't." Misha's face was as white as a sheet.

"Why not? Are you refusing your brothers?" Qasim stepped forward glaring at his sister.

"Abbu, isko kahein phone pakraye. (Dad, tell her to give us the phone.)" Humayun looked at his father who had been standing silently ever since he had seen that video. He was angry, confused and perplexed just as his sons were while Misha's mother just looked blank. She wanted to calm her sons down but she didn't know what to think. She was just so shocked but she would definitely step in if things got out of hand.

"Please don't do this." Misha begged as tears started to well up in her eyes. This only enhanced the suspicion for both the brothers.

"Misha, give your phone to Humayun. Don't refuse your father. Don't make this matter worse. We are just looking out for you. We just want to bring justice for you." Misha's father said in a stern fatherly tone and Misha gulped before her trembling hands gave the phone to Humayun. She knew she had signed her death certificate then.

Humayun swiped open her phone and started going through it. The gallery was clear so he moved to text messages. Qasim was standing beside him and looking at the messages as well. Their expressions started to soften until their eyes landed on a specific message from a specific person.

I love you too? Sent to a Hiba? Hiba who?

"Who is Hiba? I don't recall you having a friend called Hiba or mentioning any Hiba." Misha felt her heart stop at Qasim's question.

"Bhai, she is a friend from school." Misha said while looking down while trying to sound as calm as possible.

Humayun scrolled up that conversation and found a picture of Ibraheem with the caption: Did this make your heart skip or what? Humayun had confirmed it then. Their precious little sister had saved that guy's name as Hiba's. Why? Was he blackmailing him? He had scared her in the restaurant. Maybe, she was doing it out of fear. It didn't take long for him to find out his name from the conversation then.

"A friend from school who is called Ibraheem Narejo?" Humayun said out loud and Misha gasped softly. "I am going to kill him. That fucker is messing with you." Humayun said in a deathly tone and started to call his number but Misha panicked and stopped him quickly.

"Please don't do this bhai. Please don't hurt him." Misha begged and Humayun paused and looked at him.

"Why not?! He bothered you and you are stopping me? What are you afraid of Misha?" The next words were something that came out before Misha could stop herself.

"I like him bhai."

Author's note:

Hey and Asalam o Alaikum Lovelies!

I know I promised to finish this over the weekend but I just got caught up in a lot of stuff but I will try to finish it now. There is going to be like three more chapters so I don't know if I can update all of them in the next hour or so cause I got to wake up at 6 a.m. and it's already 1 a.m. lol but I will try my best. Actually four, cause I got to throw in an epilogue as well. 

Anyway, are you as scared as I am right about now?