Chapter 44

Misha had just gotten done with praying Magrib when her phone buzzed and there was a video Ibraheem had sent to her on Whatsapp. Misha grabbed her headphones from the side table and plugged them into the phone as she played the video. It wasn't like Ibraheem to send her any videos although he did use to send his own pictures to her on WhatsApp that she had to delete in fear of her brothers going through her phone and finding them. The moment the video started playing, Misha's breath hitched in her throat. Zahid was sitting on the muddy ground in a weird position while looking straight at the camera and into Misha's soul.

'Misha Yousaf mujhe maaf kardo. Mere se bohat bari galti hogaye. I will never ever bother you again, I swear. Aur... (Misha Yousaf, please forgive me. I made a huge mistake. I will never ever bother you again, I swear. And...)' when Zahid stopped and looked to some place above the camera in fear, it earned him a slap over his head from Fahad who suddenly showed up in the video.

"Bolta ja. (Keep talking.)" Fahad warned and Zahid nodded quickly.

'Aur, you are really lucky to have someone like Ibraheem Sahib in your life. Never let him go. Aur kuch tou nahi bolna na? (Do I have to say something else as well?)' Zahid asked carefully while looking at Fahad who was standing beside him and slapped him on the head again. 'Nahi bus theek hai. Hello Bhabhi. (No, it's good. Hello sister in law.) Fahad smirked at the camera before the video ended and the screen went black.

Misha who was panicking only seconds ago started to laugh out loud at Fahad's greeting. She felt alive. She felt at peace. Her fear from last night dissipated as she watched the video again. Suddenly, her phone started to buzz. Hiba was calling. She smiled as she swiped the screen and started speaking into the phone.

"Hey, meri jaan. What you doing right now?" Ibraheem questioned in a chill tone.

"Just sitting on my bed." Misha replied honestly.

"Look outside your window for a bit."

"What?" Panic started to seize Misha as she got up from her bed.

"Do it. Come on." Misha did as he asked and pulled the curtains to the side to see Ibraheem standing outside with his back against his car. Misha's eyes bulged out as Ibraheem smiled back at her.

"Oh my God, Ibraheem, you need to leave. Are you crazy?" Misha replied in a panicked state.

"Don't worry, I am not standing right in front of your house, nobody will be suspicious of me. I just wanted to see you. I really missed your face. I will be going back to Karachi tomorrow." Ibraheem replied in a relaxing tone to ease Misha.

"Alright, if you say so." Misha replied as she continued to stare at Ibraheem who looked up at her. "This feels weird, you know, looking at you while talking on the phone."

"I know but I like it. Did you see the video?" Ibraheem questioned.

"I did." Misha replied softly.

"How do you feel now? He won't bother you from now on." Ibraheem assured her.

"Better but Ibraheem, please don't do this again." Misha answered carefully.

"Why not? Are you scared that he will hurt you? Don't worry I made sure he won't ever come near you again. I will kill him if he does." Ibraheem replied in a serious tone but Misha sighed into the phone.

"No. I know you probably did something like that for me. It's not that." Ibraheem could sense Misha's hesitancy.

"What is it then?" Fear of the unknown was slowly starting to seep into Ibraheem's veins. He didn't like where the conversation was going. He had a feeling it was going to end in a fight which he didn't want. Things were going good for them. He really wanted to do this for her, it was his choice.

"It's just, you shouldn't do all this for me." Misha replied as she looked at him with sincere eyes.

"Why the hell not? I wanted to do this."

"I know but..." Misha trailed off. She didn't know if she was ready for the next words or Ibraheem's reaction.

"But what? Can't you just accept it for once? I wanted to do this for you. I couldn't see you in pain or so scared. This was my choice. My decision. If something happens, I will take responsibility for it." Ibraheem's temper started to flare as Misha had feared.

"I know you did it for me but you don't understand Ibraheem, you just don't understand."

"What don't I understand? Huh?" Misha took in a large intake of breath before finally saying the words, dreading the reaction and after affects but deciding to go ahead with it anyway.

"YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT THIS, ALL OF IT, IT IS MAKING ME FALL IN LOVE WITH YOU! DAMN IT IBRAHEEM! DON'T YOU GET IT? YOU ARE DOING ALL OF THIS FOR ME AND IT IS CHANGING ME!" Misha let it all out and it left Ibraheem speechless. Speechless enough to only say one word.

"What?"

"I am falling for you Ibraheem and I don't know how to cope with that. I can't love you but I can't help it. I don't know what I should and should not do. I am scared of my family's reaction but I can't deny this feeling any more. I don't know what to think now. You have changed me Ibraheem. All I know is, I like you, probably the same way you like me." Misha replied as she put her hand on the glass window and stared right into Ibraheem's eyes as he stared back at her. Ibraheem felt his heart skip a beat looking at the sincerity in her eyes and hearing the genuineness in her words.

"Can you say that again? The first line?"

"I am falling for you and I don't know how to cope with that."

"Misha Yousaf?" Ibraheem looked up into her beautiful blue eyes.

"Yes?" Misha was scared of Ibraheem's reaction. She had no idea what he would say.

"Thank you for saying this. You don't know how powerful those words are. You have just made my life. Thank you. But you are wrong about one thing." Ibraheem smiled so warmly, so genuinely that it left Misha's speechless for a minute.

"What is that?"

"I don't just like you. I love you. Truly, madly and deeply love you. Don't worry. We will figure something out for us but can you say it one more time?"

"I am falling for you Ibraheem Narejo and we will find a way to cope with it."

Author's note:

SHE FINALLY CONFESSED! How are we feeling about this?