Chapter 25

IMPORTANT NOTE: So a lot of you suggested in the last chapter that I shouldn't write the same scenarios in different point of views and also said I should try third person perspective so ANYWAY, after thinking about it for TWO WHOLE DAYS, I have decided to create a new writing style which will basically be from a third person's point of view but like I will add the thought process of the characters as well as in if Misha is thinking something, I will throw that in as well. I HAVE NO IDEA how I am going to do this but oh well. You won't know until you try it out.

Here goes nothing.

Enjoy!

....

"You don't talk much, do you?" Fahad questioned Rubab who just eyed him with a blank look while he just grinned. Silent, mysterious women were not his cup of tea and so he enjoyed the challenge. Rubab was the smartest among her group of friends and the most mature as well. At least that is what Misha and Zoya thought. Zoya was on the wild, blunt side while Misha just tried to play it safe. Rubab was simply reserved, she didn't like wasting her breath on useless things. She was savage like that.

It had been fifteen minutes since Zoya and Rubab were forced to sit with Fahad and Kamran. Although Rubab's blatant ignorance was starting to annoy Fahad but he knew he couldn't create a scene here, it wasn't like he was afraid of anything or anyone but they had showed up to ease Ibraheem's anger, not create new problems although Fahad loved the thrill that came with causing trouble. But seriously, this woman hasn't said a word since we sat down, Fahad sighed in annoyance, he loved talkative women so this was triggering him. He put his chin on the palm of his hand as he continued to stare at her. What was her deal?

Yeh boli behri tou nahi hai? (She is not deaf or mute, is she?), Fahad thought as he continued to look at her while she gave him a dead, emotionless stare. Fahad was seriously having a rough time dealing with her. But he wasn't the only one, Kamran looked right about ready to rip his or Zoya's hair off as well. Kamran had the shortest temper among the three of them so angering him was a real bad idea and Zoya seemed like she was making sure to push all his buttons while she was at it. She was the complete opposite of Rubab and as much as Kamran appreciated the silence, Zoya made sure to wreck his peace by continuously asking him what the relationship between Ibraheem and Misha was and what was going to happen.

"So, who are you guys and why are you bothering us? Did Misha do something to your friend over there?" Zoya probed for answers while Kamran glared at her while crossing his arms over his chest. Did this woman know no shame? Kamran grimaced as he clenched his jaw.

"Sit quietly." Kamran repeated for the second time since they had sat down. He honestly just wanted to take out his gun and aim it at Zoya if she continued this interrogation. Maybe that ought to shut her up. He hated annoying women, talkative women and women who asked too many questions and right now, Zoya was all three of them. Fahad noticed Kamran reaching a boiling point and decided to entertain Zoya instead.

"Hey, is your friend mute or something?" Fahad asked Zoya who had been squinting her eyes at Kamran after he had told her to shut up twice. Zoya looked at Rubab while she looked back at her as both of them wondered how such polar opposites as themselves became friends in the first place. Misha was the medium between them but Zoya and Rubab had this silent understanding that had brought them closer, although the two of them were so different from each other, yet they were so very familiar.

"I am not mute, I just don't like wasting my time on useless things." Rubab spoke up finally causing Fahad to look back at her. Her soft but cold voice surprised Fahad who wasn't expecting such a voice or response. It was sweet voice but the thorns on it had bruised his ego. Did this girl know no fear? Did she know who she was messing with? Fahad had felt the burn in her tone, so our conversation was a useless thing for her?

"Do you know who I am?" Fahad took out the gun tucked safely in the waistband of his pants and placed it on the table while looking at Rubab for a reaction. She focused on the gun for a bit before looking back at him with the same bored look.

Rubab wasn't intimidated by such things easily. She thought it had to do with the fact that she used to go to her father's hospital from a very young age of 7 and was used to seeing brutal injuries and a lot of blood so ten years later, she had become numb to the concept of injuries or what caused them in the first place. Maybe, this indifference wasn't normal, she wasn't like other girls her age, she had matured too soon.

Meanwhile, Zoya was used to seeing guns for a different reason. Being the daughter of a high profile judge, her father was usually protected by guards who were armed. Her older brother had taught her how to use a pistol as a form of self-defense because their family, especially their father was usually threatened by clients who would force him to decide a verdict in their favor in court. Threats, bribes and commendation came naturally to Zoya's father.

But that didn't mean that Zoya and Rubab weren't scared, deep down, both of them were terrified because unlike seeing someone else become a victim of this, right now, they were the ones standing behind the barrel of the gun. So Rubab knew she had angered him too much with her curt replies while Zoya realized she had annoyed Kamran with her overly interrogatory nature. Both of them had acknowledged that they needed to change their strategy. The men sitting before them were not the type to take shit from them.

"Sorry I don't. Let's start over. We are just nervous." Rubab apologized while looking at Fahad with a serious expression. She knew the damage she had done might not be repairable but she could try. "Same for my friend, she won't bother you now. We are just not used to such situations." Rubab spoke for Zoya while looking at Kamran who just stared back at her with an equally concentrated look.

See? This was why she was the smartest one among them.

"Alright, so how about you both start by telling us your names?" Fahad brightened up again so Rubab guessed that her pathetic apology had gotten through to him.

"I am Rubab, she is Zoya." Rubab introduced them both while maintaining her vacant expression that gave nothing away. It was hard for Fahad or Kamran to believe that she was scared of them from any angle.

"How old are you both?" Fahad asked the questions cause he was genuinely interested and although Kamran wasn't showing it but he seemed curious too. It was hard to believe that they were school girls because of how mature they behaved and looked. Especially, this Zoya, she looked nowhere like a school girl. She looked like their age.

"I am sixteen, she is seventeen." Rubab gave another brief reply and Fahad nodded while smiling. He was just happy she was talking now. He was starting to think that maybe he should have talked to Zoya instead cause she was more his type while Rubab was more Kamran's type but talking to Rubab was such a fresh feeling so he just couldn't help but want to annoy her. Though he couldn't say the same about Kamran. He genuinely looked like he wanted to strangle her or something.

Fahad had always noticed that Ibraheem's little cousin always had such temper issues, when Ibraheem had been shot on his father's election campaign in the knee, Kamran lost his temper and ended up shooting the culprit three times. It was a miracle the guy survived and Kamran's father covered up the entire thing. Maybe mood swings ran in their blood, Fahad thought. While Fahad seemed the most chill with a womanizing attitude, he was also the one with the brains in the group. He wasn't one to get angry quickly and even if he did, his anger would deflate quickly. But Ibraheem and Kamran were mutually wary of Fahad because he was the type of guy who would have a laid back smiling expression while shooting someone. Sometimes, it was impossible to tell what he was thinking while Kamran was open book.

Fahad was about to ask the next question but all four of their heads snapped in the direction of Misha and Ibraheem when Ibraheem angrily rose from his seat causing the chair to go crashing down and causing a loud sound.

Author's note:

Well, what do you guys think?