Chapter 21

Misha's POV:

It was the 28th of May. Finally, the awaited day had arrived. Today was my last exam and I would be officially done with Olevels InshaAllah. It was the mcq paper of Biology so I was pretty laid back. Biology was my favorite after English and I had practiced the past papers for the last ten years so I was confident.

Plus, I had a good feeling about today. Ibraheem had been awfully silent for the past few days, the last message he had sent me was the one about him going to Karachi which I left on read because I had back to back exams that day with Math in the morning and Biology in the afternoon. I had no time to reply back to him or anything.

I was actually happy he had gone back to Karachi because it meant, no threats about showing up in front of my house from now on. I did miss his occasional messages though, I had gotten used to that feeling of expecting a message but it didn't beat the constant anxiety of what would happen if I get caught or his messages are read by my brothers. I cleared my inbox every night just to be on the safe side. So, overall, I just felt grateful that he had backed off. I felt a little hollow inside like a week ago but now I was happier than anything plus today was the last exam so life was good.

....

The exam was as easy as I had expected. We had been granted an hour to do it and I was done after twenty five minutes so I just looked around at people and then eventually left the examination hall when I noticed Zoya getting up at 37 minutes. I handed my paper and walked out of the hall. The moment I stepped out, I started doing a victory dance of sorts the moment I met up with Zoya who was waiting at the door for me.

"We are free! It's over! It's done!" We screamed while hugging each other. Other students were looking at us and laughing but it didn't matter, I knew they could relate to this feeling as well. We were just more expressive. It felt like some sort of burden had been lifted off my shoulders. Since it was the last exam, we had decided to go out and celebrate. The entire class celebration was a week later so for now only me, Zoya and Rubab, my other best friend, decided to go out to have fun. Since the exam was in noon, it was around 5 p.m. by the time we got free.

We were going in Zoya's car to MM Alam road to find a good café to eat at. My hunger had died in the morning due to the stress but now I was starving. Since it was the last exam, I had decided to doll up because there was no way I was going to look trash when we take pictures. I didn't do a lot though because my brothers would have scrutinized my look then. I threw on some eyeliner, mascara, a light blush and a nude lipstick and straight hair and that was about it. I could sense Humayun's judgmental eyes on me when I was straightening my hair in the morning but he left me off easy cause he was like it's your last exam, so you kind of earned this. They entrusted me to Zoya and Rubab since they were friends from kindergarten and so Zoya could drop me off home as well which was great.

Zoya's parents trusted her a lot and hence, she had actually drove to the examination hall herself, plus she was actually a year older than me and Rubab so it was cool I guess. Zoya driving only meant one thing, we were going to go a little wild. Rubab sat in the back seat while I sat in the passenger seat of Zoya's Honda Civic. The moment we settled in, we started screaming and yelling about how we were free now from the tyranny of Olevels. I connected my phone to the Aux which I had left in Zoya's car before entering the examination hall and put on hyping music so we could start getting into the feel.

"OH LARKI BEAUTIFUL KAR GAYE CHUL!" Rubab and I sang to the beat while Zoya just moved one of her hands in a dancing motion while focusing on driving. We sang to random songs until we reached Tuscany Courtyard where we decided to eat at. I was still dancing as I stepped outside of the car while moving my head in random directions and clicking my fingers.