Part 3

Dadi 'you both are late'

Khushi gulped looking at her stern face, Arnav fisted his hands, Nani 'Subi leave it, they are newly married'

Dadi 'so? There are no rules that newly married couple should be late'

Arnav 'there are also no rules that they should appear early too'

Dadi 'Arnav you are misbehaving'

Arnav 'I'm not, I'm just stating the fact'

Anjali 'Dadi please leave all this, let us go do the puja' she took Khushi after Dadi grunted a nod; Khushi looked back at Arnav while leaving with Anjali for puja. Nani 'voh madir mein ma nahiin aayengi bitiya' (he will not come inside the temple bitiya) Khushi's face fell which did not gone unnoticed by Arnav.

Shocking others he entered inside the temple of their home and started doing puja with Khushi. Nani 'he is changing for good'

Anjali smiling being emotional to see her brother attending the puja 'yes Nani' Dadi kept quiet.

Once the puja is done, Dadi 'aaj tumhara chula rasam hai toh Khushi tumhe hum sabke liye kuch meetha banana hai' (todau is your first rasoi ritual, so you will prepare a sweet dish for everyone)

Khushi nodded her head, then turning to Anjali 'take her to kitchen and come back, she has to do this herself, no helping hand from you' Khushi gulped.

Arnav looked at Khushi's apprehensive face, once Dadi and Nani got seated in living room he sneaked out to follow behind Anjali and Khushi, Anjali led Khushi into the kitchen and left telling her to make something sweet for them. Khushi looked around the modern kitchen; again, she felt loss, not knowing what to do for fifteen minutes tears started to fill her eyes thinking of Dadi's stern face. Arnav rushed inside seeing her cry.

Khushi hiccupped sniffing wiping her tears, Arnav came near her and made her look at him by cupping her face 'tumhe khana banana nahiin aata' (you don't know to make cook)

Khushi 'nahiin hume khana banana aata hai par yeh sab bohut hi ajeeb hai *pointing her fingers around kitchen*, hum toh ghar par mitti ka chula mein khana banathe hain na' (no, I very well know to cook but I'm not used to this kind of kitchen, in my home back I'm used to cook in mud stove)

Arnav smiled slightly 'iske liye rone ki kya baat hai' (what is there to cry for this?)

Khushi 'par Dadi datengi' (Dadi will scold me)

Arnav sighed 'aao mein tumhari help kar detha hoon' (come let me help you)

Khushi nodded her head; Arnav yet again took the task of helping Khushi about the modern kitchen and the appliance's in its way of work. Arnav folding his hands above his chest leaning against the kitchen slab looked at Khushi who got engrossed in making sweet dish for them but not before asking him what to prepare.

She was going to put sugar in it when he stopped her, taking a small bowl he filled a little amount of kheer for him in it. Khushi 'par isme toh humne abhi tak shakkar nahiin dala' (arey yet I had not put the sugar in it)

Arnav 'isme tumhe dalna bhi nahiin chahiye' (and you should not put the sugar too)

Khushi 'par kyun? Agar shakkar nahiin dalenge toh meetha kaise hoga' (but why? Without adding sugar how will it become sweet)

Arnav 'mujhe shakkar ki bimari hai toh mein meetha nahiin kha saktha' (I'm diabetics so can't have sweets) Khushi's face fell.

Khushi 'toh aap meetha nahiin kha sakhthe' (then you can't have sweets)