Part 9 & 10

Gupta's stood up as soon as they saw Arnav and Khushi enter the house, Garima ran to them 'was everything okay?'

Arnav nodded at them, Garima ran her eyes over Khushi's face who looked fine, Arnav 'Khushi go to your room' Khushi nodded at him, smiling at all of them she went to her room. As soon as she left, Buaji 'hume titaliya ki todi chintha thi, isliye...voh kya bitwa she fears them'

Arnav 'I understand, don't worry everything was fine. I'll not let anyone hurt her'

Shashi 'we trust you bitwa'

Arnav 'hmmm...... aunty is there still left-over jalebi's?'

Garima 'haan hai bitwa'

Arnav 'zara ek plate mein dijiye, Khushi ke liye' (please prepare a plate of them for Khushi)

Buaji 'I'll get them bitwa' she rushed inside the kitchen and came with plate. Arnav taking the plate 'thanks buaji, good night' the three wished him.

Arnav entered inside the room to see Khushi has changed into her night clothes, coming towards her 'Khushi this is for you. You have not eaten your dinner properly'

Khushi looked at the jalebi with bright eyes 'thank you Arnavji' she took the plate, perching herself up on one of the rolling chair she started to have her jalebi looking at the star filled sky.

Arnav after changing into his night clothes came and sat besides her taking another rolling chair.

Khushi turned to him 'I was so scared Arnavji, I'm very scared of them...they are not nice people....always beats and scolds everyone around.....amma, buaji, Rita Di always tells me to stay away from them.....but that Sheethal always bullies me....I hate them....'

Arnav 'come here'

Khushi stood up from her chair and went to him, he made her sit on his lap, looking at her face 'you should not fear them Khushi......always keep in mind you're Arnavji is with you...he will not let them hurt you'

Khushi stuffing her mouth with another jalebi 'yes now you are here but....but before you were not here na....so I used to be scared....now...now I'll not'

Arnav caressing her cheek 'yes you should not....even if you see them before you anywhere you should not get scared of them'

Khushi nodded her head, eating her jalebis. He sitting in silence accompanied her till she finished her jalebi, once she was done with her jalebi both went to sleep, Arnav held her close to himself.

Next day, Arnav and Khushi were on their way to Delhi, after their breakfast at Gupta house they had left for Brindapur. Arnav glanced at Khushi; she is looking outside the window the changing view of the nature. Arnav called her 'Khushi'

Khushi turned to him 'ji'

Arnav 'What did your amma say to you? She was talking to you for one whole hour before we were getting out of the house'

Khushi giggled 'she said again and again that I should behave myself, and should listen to your words. Should respect you, should be a good wife, should be a good bahu, everything. And do you know what Rita Di said?' she giggled again.

Arnav amused looked at her 'achha kya kaha tumhari Rita Di ne' (oh so what did your Rita Di said?)

Khushi 'she said that I should not let any chudail like Sheethal near you' she laughed, Arnav chuckled 'there is no need Khushi, because I myself will not let any other girl near me, only you have that rights'

Khushi 'accha toh tikka hai' she turned fully towards him 'and do you know Arnavji, yesterday Garui Di, Rita Di and I talked lot...they both asked me about you and the family...how I am? Am I happy or not? And do you know Rita Di asked about...about what happen on the first day of the night in your home'