Part 23

Few days later,

Raizada Mansion,

Anjali while serving Shyam sabji in a small bowl asked Arnav 'When you both will be returning?'

Arnav 'I'm thinking to stay for two to three days Di. Khushi will like to spend some time with her family'

Daadi 'yeh toh bahut achhi baat hai' (that is nice)

Nani 'haan Sumi'

Khushi smiled at Arnav while he talked on their trip to her village and their stay. Tomorrow she will meet her family and friends. She missed them without no doubt but with Arnav ji with her she never felt the absence of them hit her hard.

Nani 'betiya have you packed both of your bags?'

Khushi 'Ji Nani' and looked down at her plate. What will she tell other than this? How can she tell them Arnav ji packed everything not letting her do anything and asking her to keep quiet? She remembered his words clearly *Khushi don't tell to anyone I packed everything. * He knows she will blurt it and he will become the object of tease for his family. He can't let the ASR gaurd down, he is Arnav ji only for Khushi and it will remain like that.

Dadi 'Arnav come to my room; I need to talk with you' Nani too nodded her head. Arnav accepted to meet them after dinner.

Shyam the only silent member till now in the conversation opened his mouth 'Rani Saheba, I too will have to leave for trip, remember I told you. I'll be leaving by tomorrow' Anjali's face shadowed hearing his words.

Nani 'Damaad ji you travel lot for work'

Dadi 'not even Arnav travels so much as much as you do.'

Shyam laughed uneasily 'Nani ji...Dadi ji.....my clients are not only in Delhi, they are from outer city and states too'

He turned to Khushi 'Khushi ji apne ghar walon ko meri taraf se pranam kardijiyega' (Khushi, greet your family from my side too)

Khushi nodding at him ate her dinner in silence. She doesn't know why she does not like him at all and this all started when he bad mouthed her Arnav ji to her.

Dadi's room,

Dadi 'Arnav, I know you are no need to tell this but then I would like to say. You are not only Khushi's husband but with her you have binded yourself with her family too. Her parents are your parent's, her buaji is your buaji. And as a son you have responsibility towards them. I don't want Shashi to work anymore and that to the work which can worsen his health some more. I know him well he will not accept monetary help from you and us but I would like you to see to it that he takes care of himself and his self respect too is not hurt.'

Arnav 'I understand Dadi. I'll see to it. I'll switch him to other work where he will not strain himself. This is the only way he will accept. For now, this will do. Later I'll see what can be done'

Nani 'and take care of Khushi betiya. We no need to tell you this. But make sure she is safe and happy'

Arnav sighed; he knew what she is hinting. Arnav 'I'll Nani'

Next morning

After breakfast Khushi and Arnav got ready to leave for Brindhapuri. Khushi is so excited to meet her family and her village people.

Taking blessing from Nani and Dadi, Khushi hugged Anjali. Anjali 'take care Khushi'

Then turning to Arnav 'you better take care off my bhabi'