Part 24 & 25

Part 24

Garima 'Beta, are you sure you would be fine?'

Arnav 'haan aunty, I'll be fine'

Bua ji 'if you need anything give us a call, we are only two steps away in that house. We would have stayed back but Sharma ji will feel bad.'

Arnav 'No it is okay; I'll be fine here. You people enjoy'

Garima turning to Khushi 'Betiya we are leaving to help Sharma ji, you come with Gauri and Rita'

Bua ji 'yes yes...the function will start in an hour. It would be good if we could tend some help from our side' Khushi nodding her head watched them go.

Arnav looked at Khushi 'are you not going to get ready?'

She kept quiet in thought. Arnav 'Khushi!!!'

Khushi looked at him, her eyes locked with his 'Should I go Arnav ji?'

He surprised 'Kyun? Don't you want to go?'

Khushi 'but you will be alone at home, Babu ji too is not at home (he is at work is the indirect meaning)'

He pulled her towards himself, cupping her face, caressing her cheek 'I'm okay Khushi. And you will be back before evening, right?'

She hugged him, saying slowly 'but I don't want to go without you'

He chuckled, hearing her innocent confession. Arnav 'but they will feel bad if you being here and even then, not taking part in the function'

Khushi 'yes you are right. Chachi (Mrs. Sharma) will feel bad'

Arnav 'There you know na you should go. At least go for sometime and come back'

Khushi's eyes twinkled 'Yes, I'll go for few minutes and return back'

He dropped a loving kiss on her forehead 'Now go get ready, soon your Gauri Di and Rita Di will be here to take you along with them to function'

Grinning at him, planting a kiss on his cheek she rushed to her room to get ready.

In few minutes she was before him, Khushi 'Arnavji, how I'm looking?'

Hugging her close to him, his precious gift 'Very beautiful, like always' she smiled at him shyly

She sat beside him on the round bed like diwaan waiting for Rita and Gauri to come. While Arnav sat in silence with his laptop opened before him working something on it.

Time flew, and both the girls came to call Khushi to leave for Sharma's house.

Khushi 'Arnav ji, hum chalthe hain. I'll come back soon'

Arnav nodding 'Soon!!!'

Mehendi function, The bride, Sangeetha was getting her mehendi done, with all the teasing going around making her turn go bright red.