章节: 3 - Bitter Tea, Sweeter Words

"這個人是田求学," This is Jian Qiuxue "my grandmother." Jungkook introduced proudly, with a toothy grin, so unlike his usual, shy stare. He looked at this wrinkly lady with such shine in his eyes and as he turned back to Jimin, his face blushed as the other was openly examining this twinkle that decorated his chocolate orbs.

"Pleased to meet you Qiuxue." Jimin uttered in Chinese and bowed deeply - even he knew to not disrespect his elders, especially those, whose grandchild owned him. He also knew though, that should he act prudish, that this teatime he already wanted to be done with would've went on for longer, with more time being spent on sly remarks and a game of reeling insults. "I'm Park Jimin, master Jungkook's new concu-,"

"Friend!" The other interrupted suddenly, the blush from before spreading wide, reaching his nose fervently. Had it been in any other setting, Jimin would have chastised the boy for speaking over his elder's, but said boy owned him so he had little say in such matters of courtesy and furthermore, his frail feelings. "From Korea." He added nervously, not yet talented at lying as he was still young.

"What a pleasure!" The grey haired lady's smoke-spoiled speech spread loudly. A deep smile soon settled on her face at the sight of the plump faced boy. "I fear I only speak the common tongue, but your Chinese seems well worn too?" The lady crackled.

"Oh, yes. I've studied all the worthy tongues of this world." Jimin revealed mightily, a proud decorating his handsome face.

"Is that so?" Qiuxue asked, amazed, and Jimin assured her with a soft hum. "What languages do you speak then?" She queried.

"Korean, of course, Chinese, both Mandarin and Cantonese and Japanese due to the recent rise of their nation." Jimin revealed warmly. "English I refuse to learn however. The westerners can stay amidst their wilderness. I shall have no business with them" He finished with his spiteful remark comfortably, as he knew that the Chinese had even greater a distaste for the Englishmen than Koreans, who had been blessed with lesser western interests.

"And good so, their language is as barbaric as are their tactics!" Qiuxue confirmed, irritated by the mere thought yet instantly warming up to the Korean man. He, in fact, knew that their bordering countries would serve as a topic of unity amidst all the foreign influence, and frankly invasion of the past years. Even if they couldn't relate to one another as both Chinese or Korean, at least together they could hate the westerners. And Jimin knew, that the approval of the mother meant to love of the son. It would be in everyone's interests to get close with this rapidly rumpling woman. "How did you meet my grandson, Jimin?" Qiuxue shifted to a softer subject to mouth while enjoying their tea. The tea had truly turned bitter, but Jimin hated it less than he had envisioned. It was a subtle taste - the aroma being stronger than the actual taste, yet nevertheless as the liquid entered his mouth he couldn't help but admire the vivid, bright bitterness of Chinese tea.

"In Pyongyang." He remembered Jungkook's first words. "I was an admirer of his." He lied, yet revealing nothing that could expose his lie. He looked at Jungkook as he brought his cup to wrap his plush lips around the edge, his eyes acted admiration masterfully as they gazed at the dashing boy deeply. The younger seemed taken aback, and his mouth fell open in shock at the seductive sight.

"He is a good boy isn't he?" The grandmother complimented Jungkook proudly.

"Indeed he is. Takes after you, I assume, Qiuxue?" Jimin flattered courteously, with little actual knowledge of either of the two people before him.

"I hardly think so!" She laughed. "Maybe his mother, they're both the quiet type. Unlike me and Zongxi." Qiuxue revealed, and truthful to her words, loudly cackling, her aged voice booming through the tearoom.