章节: 5 - Calm

Jungkook was off a lot then. It had been a week already, since the day at the garden. And three days since the younger had spoken to him. "Busy with work" they said - and this too was revealed only after extensive questioning by Jimin.

Then, during those three days, he'd only see the shadow of Jungkook's figure pass by his paper walls, and each time the slight scent that passed by with him became less and less like his light, masculine perfume, and more and more like the heavy, intoxicating fume Jimin had nicknamed 'the scent of China'.

He wanted to see Jungkook.

And sometimes Jungkook wanted to see him too. That day, as his figure passed by Jimin's thin walls, the broad shadow lingered on the sliding door for a while. He'd reach for the door, but end up fleeing - as he would, every time.

Jimin drew over his robe and went to chase the figure who had again abandoned him. He wanted to see Jungkook. And honestly, his heart struck with both agitation and ache each time the boy from the other side would leave unannounced.

Jungkook had just managed to disappear to his chambers as Jimin excited his own. He sighed but continued his haste anyway. He'd reach the other's chambers excitedly. Jimin, however, was wiser than the younger boy. He wouldn't stand in front of Jungkook's thin walls. He'd hide, and wait for a proper time to make his glorious entrance. He hoped for such a moment as he had begun to miss the boy.

Jimin heard a deep sigh, and a match being lit up. Then, an inhale and another heavy, long exhale. The scent, Jimin's sensed. He too inhaled the pretty, approaching smell. He felt curious, wanted to know and unveil this mystery, so he slid the door silently, yet fully expecting the other to notice. When Jungkook didn't though, he felt slightly disheartened. The taller boy was focused on a tall glass pipe that he had in his hands, and a lost look had conquered his eyes completely.

"Jungkook, what are you doing?" Jimin giggled involuntarily. Like a child he felt the other's warmth and boyish charm surround him ceaselessly, and he welcomed this lightness for what it was worth. He'd spend this joy for it would be a waste not to.

Jungkook pulled his face from the pipe quickly, surprised and a slight sense of remaining nerve creeping to his face. "What are you doing here Jimin?" His tired, sunken voice inquired, as he slid the pipe secretly behind his bed, upon which he laid.

"You seem tired Jungkook." Jimin approached with a smile. As he looked at this helpless man, he couldn't help but want to touch him. He sat next to the boy and examined his hazy eyes. "You work too much." Jungkook managed to chuckle at that. He truly didn't. He had just been stressed and overly anxious.

Jimin seemed to become more serious though. His smiling eyes dropped to a glare and his frivolous closeness to an awkward denseness. "Was I too bold?" He asked lowly, even hesitantly should it have fit his cunning personality. "At the garden I mean."

At this moment both the discovery of this shyer side of Jimin and the slowly creeping smoke from his lungs to his brain warmed him greatly. Made his nerves falter completely.

"No, not at all." He smiled lazily. He went to move the other's long hair that had fallen to hide his face, behind his ear. He did this to both see the other better, but also, to slyly touch the other's pale skin and let him know, that he too, very much missed him. Jimin leaned into this touch, yet as soon as he did, worry grew in his eyes.

"Your hand is so warm, Jungkook!" He gasped and took the larger hand to his smaller ones to examine the heat. "You must be sick." Jimin feared.

"No, no I'm not." He assured warmly, yet not quite letting go of the other's small, soft hands. He quite enjoyed the other's worry - and vastly over the initial, eerily empty look he had offered him when the two first met at the main hall. And as he drew his eyes from his hand hidden by Jimin's, to the man's eyes, he wanted to kiss the blushing boy once again. The blush, he thought, seemed an eternal blessing, both to Jimin's beauty and to Jungkook's eyes, as it never really faltered.

The older seemed to understand this emerging desire in Jungkook's eyes and leaned in. Jimin kissed the boy again, overjoyed that the other's lips were now moist from care and not tears. Jungkook's skin felt increasingly warm to Jimin the more he approached and explored his master. He wanted to lead the other to lay again, and then, as they were in his master's room, he could undress them and explore better. But he wouldn't, not then, when Jungkook was so obviously sick. It was endearing to Jimin however, how the younger tried his best to play strong in front of him still, even as he had seen the more vulnerable side of him already.

He instead, pulled back from the other's enticing lips and rolled to the other side of the bed to hug the man as they laid there. As his face was hidden in the crook of Jungkook's neck he inhaled his master's scent that faded each time he passed through Jimin's halls. He rather missed his scent too.

His eyes however, found an artifact of Chinese opera - a mask of a king. "You like opera?" He asked the other dreamily. The other hummed inquisitively, before his eyes found the mask too.

"Oh, that?" He realized slowly. "Grandmother liked to take me when I still lived in Beijing." He explained, his tone warm as he reminisced those past years. "Kāihuā has no distinguished opera however, so I haven't gone in a while." To those words Jimin rose from his rest and gave a wicked grin to Jungkook.

"May I?" He asked as he had leapt to the mask from the bed. Jungkook nodded, not caring too much about the souvenir. Jimin then continued to cover his face under the mask and as he was done, he turned to Jungkook.

"I might be able to offer you the proper treatment for your condition, as I've studied this art all my life." He revealed pompously and already beginning to bow down to commence his performance.

He went on to sing and dance, and this piece was one of the famous ones - the king and the concubine, fitting the room exquisitely. And even as wondrous as it was to Jungkook, how well the Korean man had memorized the Chinese opera and its long lines, what really struck him, was how controlled each new movement the man made in his dance were. He became then, both a singer and a dancer to Jungkook, to his great pleasure as he had always appreciated the arts. In this particular opera however, the concubine leaves the king and Jimin would smirk under his mask as he sang those last lines.

As his dance had ceased and his song stopped, he revealed his face from underneath the mask and witnessed the boy in awe before him. Jungkook clapped excitedly and applauded him heart warmingly. Such pride those doe-eyes carried that it made Jimin want to envelope the boy again.

He rushed to him again excitedly and let himself fall, only to be catched by the other's stronger arms. He laid upon Jungkook for awhile - a long while as the boy beneath him had time to weigh out whether he should bring his hands to hug Jimin's smaller figure or just leave them hanging awkwardly in the air or on the bed. He decided to wrap his hands over the other in the end. This action seemed to encourage Jimin, and excite him more.

"You're so warm still." Jimin began suggestively. He rose from their hug and now sat a top Jungkook, on his abdomen. Jimin looked at the other's western suite and hated it for the first time again. He had already learned to see it dashing, and it bothered him little when the boy beneath him wore it, but now he could only see the buttons leading down. "Perhaps you should undress a little. Change to more comfortable attire?" He suggested again, then more aggressively as his hands already begun to crawl for the first button. His eyes went to confirm whether Jungkook had heard him well and the boy nodded, nervously this time, understanding the implication.

"Perhaps I should." He confirmed and pulled himself up a tad to make the other's work easier.

And the first button was, indeed, easily opened.