Lesson Thirty-Nine

Lesson Thirty-Nine - Dominate.

It was now 2 O'Clock in the morning and I was doing what I do best. Getting out of the house so I could fix the problems myself. My mother was out there somewhere and I wasn't going to wait around for someone else to try and fix this problem. Now I know what your thinking 'this is where she's going to get captured herself.' Please do you really think I could be that stupid.

Also, I had a back up plan. Well it wasn't really a back up plan, it was more along the lines of the story of my life. Bribe, blackmail or just plain kick ass to get my own way. Sometimes it was fun being Lyra Anderson Heiress of one the biggest Empires in the world.

Sneaking through my own house I finally made it to the door of the garage. There was a problem though, a problem I didn't think would happen. I tried to type in the password to the locked door on the control pad ten times but it won't unlock. Someone had changed the code and hadn't told me. The more likely reason though was someone knew me so well they changed the code so I couldn't leave.

"Where do you think you are trying to go?"

My heart basically jumped out of my rip cage at the voice. I wasn't expecting someone to show up behind me at such a late hour. More importantly I wasn't expecting it to be my dad standing behind me with cross arms and a stern look. It was rare my dad looked at me like I was a child about to do something I shouldn't. Even though the man should really be giving us that look more often. Me and my brothers were forever getting into trouble.

Slowly turning around I gave my dad a sheepish look as I put my hands behind my back. I probably looked like a five year old who just got busted but I needed out of here and the best way to do that was be daddy's little girl. It was a skill just about every girl knew best, how to fake kiss ass to get their way.

"I couldn't sleep so I wanted to go and work on the cars to get my mind to rest." My father didn't buy it though. He wasn't stupid. Not that I thought my father ever was but he could at least act like he was buying it for even a second. It hurt my ego a bit.

"You're not going out there Lyra." I had never heard such a firm command come from the mouth of my father towards me. Sure he had done it to my brothers before but he had always let me away with blue murder. I probably sounded really spoilt right now but I swear I'm not. Well apart from the whole being rich thing but that just came with the role of being born into this family.

"Why not?" Knowing their was no point of trying to hide the fact I wanted to go out there and try and find my mother I met the challenge head on.

"Because it's not your job to fix everything in our lives Lyra." His light blue eyes had softened as he spoke and I wasn't going to lie it caught me off guard for the second time tonight. I was expecting him to say that it was dangerous and stupid. Which by the way it probably was but what was life without a bit a risk involved.

For the first time I noticed how tired my father looked. He had dark shadows under his eyes and his skin looked pale even in the darkness. He was wearing a shirt that had the top two buttons undone and was wearing trousers that looked like he hadn't taken them off for days. All in all my father looked like shit and I was surprised I hadn't noticed how much this was probably affecting him just as much as it was me. I felt guilty for not noticing until now, I needed to open my eyes sometimes to others around me. x

"I have to try and do something. I can't sit back and watch the likes of Xavier do all the work when she is my mother."

My father stepped closer to me and I noticed that he smelt of alcohol. My whole stance and face softened at the sight of it. My father wasn't a big drinker so for him to get to this stage tells me he is under a lot of stress. I hated seeing anyone in my family like this much less my own parents.