Chapter 16

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter, the Avengers, or any recognizable people, places, or things. These belong to Marvel and J. K. Rowling!

At dinner that night, Professor Snape was missing. Everybody was wondering where he could be when the doors to the Great Hall slammed open. Professor Snape walked in, his hair still colored red and gold. When they saw him, everybody's jaws dropped to the floor in shock. The very prideful head of Slytherin was sporting Gryffindor colors. Someone broke the silence by sniggering and soon the whole hall was guffawing. Haraldr was very pleased with himself. Because his hair was Gryffindor colors, no one suspected a Slytherin. Everyone was assuming the Weasely twins pulled the prank. Dinner was filled with jokes that night, all directed at Professor Snape.

---------------------------------------------------------

After Draco, Haraldr, and Hermione were finished with their dinner they snuck away unnoticed. They were going to investigate what Hermione said she had seen the previous night. Their hearts were beating rapidly in their chests as they reached the third floor and the forbidden corridor. Haraldr could not believe that he had found trouble so early in the year. Hermione whispered the Alohomora spell and unlocked the door. Haraldr was the first to enter. Sure enough, there was a Cerberus standing on a trap door. He motioned for the others to wait outside and silently cast a spell to muffle his smell and sound, as well as to put the growling Cerberus to sleep. Haraldr crept forward to the trap door and peered into the darkness below. There looked to be some kind of plant underneath and Haraldr retreated, deciding to save the mystery for another night. Haraldr imagined it would also be a great idea to alert his dad that there was something going on in the school. He woke up the Cerberus and silently retreated from the room. As he exited, his friends greeted him with relief.

"You were gone for longer than I thought you would be," started Draco, "I was so worried something had happened to you." Hermione nodded to agree with Draco.

"It shouldn't have taken you that long to confirm what I said!" Hermione exclaimed, "If you were going to do more than that you should have let us know!"Haraldr laughed at his friends' reactions. He was very grateful for the support and devotion to him that they were showing.

"I was originally going to do the quick in and out plan we had discussed but curiosity got the best of me. I wanted to see what was underneath the trapdoor.""Haraldr!" Draco snapped, "That was very stupid and unslytherin of you. You should have waited for backup." Haraldr looked sheepish as Draco lectured him."I'm sorry. I just thought I could handle it and disregarded you guys. I won't do it again." Haraldr vowed. "However, I found something very interesting. Under the trap door is some kind of plant shrouded in darkness. I think that I should contact my father before we proceed." 

-------------------------------------------

In Haraldr's room that night, he drew the curtain around his bed, placing a silencing spell.  He didn't think he would need it because he and his father would be communicating using their minds but precautions never hurt. Haraldr sat down and closed his eyes, reaching out with his mind. He and his father had a small mind connection that would hopefully work, especially with the distance between them. 

'Father? Can you hear me?', Haraldr directed the thought to his father, praying that it would work.

'Haraldr? Is that you?', Loki asked.

'Yes! I've been meaning to get in contact with you! I've missed so so so much. Haraldr talked quickly, excited to finally talk outside of a letter.

'I'm very happy to hear from you son but something must be wrong. We agreed to only use this connection for important happenings. Are you ok?' Loki sounded very worried about what could be happening.

'I'm ok. However, something big is happening in this school. There is a forbidden corridor in the school that we are not allowed to go into. Unfortunately, my friend had to use the corridor to hide from somebody at one point and discovered a Cerberus. I went to investigate further and found it is on a trapdoor that leads to plants on the ground, many feet below the trapdoor. Do you have any suggestions?' Haraldr recounted his story to the shock of Loki.

'That sounds very serious. I would suggest that you don't look into it further but I think we both know that you wouldn't listen.' Loki smirked. Haraldr, while slightly embarrassed, agreed with the statement. 'I will try and find out what is going on but in the meantime, please do be careful.' 

'I will be. Thank you, father.'

'Remember that you can always contact me this way in an emergency. Now get some rest. I love you Haraldr. Goodnight.' Loki ended the connection after saying his goodbyes. He never used to be so sentimental or emotional but raising Haraldr had changed him. Haraldr thought about their conversation and drifted off into a deep sleep.

A/N: I just want to take a quick moment to thank all the people who have read this story. I can't believe how many readers, followers and votes I have. Thank you so much for the support you have shown me. It's what keeps me writing every time.