Shhh, Baby, Shhh

Steve's POV
"Hey, babe I'm h-"

I stopped talking when I turned around. I saw blood everywhere, and in the middle of it all was my husband, Tony.

"Jarvis, call an ambulance," I said as I rushed over to Tony to see if he was still alive.

"Already on it Captain," The AI replied.

I knelt down next to him and felt his pulse... nothing, I felt nothing.

"Tony! Babe, please wake up!" I screamed as I pulled him into my arms. "Please baby, please open those beautiful eyes of yours," I was crying hysterically.

"Please baby I need you," I said, now whispering. But I knew he was gone.

My eyes suddenly shot open, I was out of breath and sweating, tears streaming down my face.

I felt arms around me, "Hey sweetheart, take a deep breath, in and out," Tony said softly. I listened to him, remembering how many panic attacks he's had and me saying the exact same thing to him.

I leaned into his embrace and hugged him tightly. I couldn't lose him, ever.

"Honey, do you want to talk about it?" Tony asked in a soft voice, while tracing circles on my back to soothe me.

"Not right now, I just want to be in your arms," I answered while lightly placing kisses on his neck.

"Ok," he said, "just tell me when you're ready."

I looked up at him and saw he was smiling sweetly at me, the same smile I look at every day, the same smile that I think about when I'm upset, the smile that belongs to my husband who is the greatest person ever.

"I love you so much," I whispered leaning in to kiss him.

When we broke the kiss, I put my forehead against his and kept whispering over and over again, "I love you."

I felt tears start to stream down my face again.

"Shh, baby, shh. Hey, It's okay I'm right here." Tony said in the same soft, soothing voice. And I knew it was true, that he would always be there for me.