Dinner plate

Tony looked at Steve. God, he loves Steve. He was so lucky to have such a perfect man as his boyfriend.

"Hey, babe?" Steve said, waving a hand in front of Tony's eyes in an attempt to bring him out of his daze.

Tony shook his head and refocused on the beautiful face of the man beside him. "Ya?" Tony smiled at him.

"You ok? You seem a little distracted," Steve smiled back.

"Ya, it's just- I was thinking... I dunno. I love you a lot. That's all."

"Ya, well, I love you a lot too." Steve leaned in and kissed Tony gently. The brunette smiled into the kiss. Just then Steve's phone rang and he was forced to break away from the warm embrace.

"Good evening to you too, director. What can I help you with?" Steve spoke into the phone.

Tony rolled his eyes at how polite Steve always was to everyone, especially Fury.

"Tell him you're busy and in the middle of something," The smaller man said, sounding annoyed.

"I'm sorry, just give me one second, director." Steve took the receiver away from his mouth and put his phone on mute. "Tony just give me a minute, ok?"

"No, not ok. I wanna keep kissing," he whined like a little kid whose parents told him it was time for bed (which surprisingly enough for Steve, did happen often with Tony.)

Steve presses the mute button again to unmute the phone and continued talking to Fury. "Sorry about that someone interrupted me." He glared at his boyfriend who was now smirking proudly. Steve clamped a hand over the smaller man's mouth to keep him from saying anything else. Steve felt warm spit on his hand and realized he had been licked.

Steve took the receiver away from his mouth "Ew! Tony gross!" The larger man whispered and quickly swiped his hand away from Tony's mouth and stood up abruptly. He grabbed a tissue and wiped his hand on it.

"Hey I mean you didn't mind me licking your cock this morning so I don't know what you're complaining about," Tony shrugged.

"Just give me another second, I'm so sorry," The blonde pressed the mute button again. "Tony I swear to god, one more word out of your pretty mouth-" he was cut off by a pair of soft lips on his. "Tony I know we were having a moment but I need to take this call. You know how Fury is. So just give me like three more minutes and then we'll get back to making out."

Tony nodded and let Steve finish his call. Just as Steve had promised it was only a few minutes more before he was saying a "goodnight" and "see you soon"? That one Tony wasn't expecting.
"No, Steve! Don't leave me all alone!" Tony clung onto Steve's arm.

"I'm really sorry to leave this perfect evening," Steve frowned as he spoke, "but I have to meet with Fury right now. So I gotta go but I'll be back soon. I love you," he kissed Tony's forehead gently.

He walked over to the elevator and pushed the down button. In a matter of seconds, Steve was telling Jarvis to bring him to the lobby. But right before the doors closed, he called out to Tony, who was now pouting on the couch, "And don't forget to eat. You were in the lab all day and didn't touch any of the food I brought you. Don't starve yourself again, please." The elevator doors closed and Steve was gone.

Tony groaned and got up. Just as he was about to head to his lab for another couple hours, he remembered a conversation he had with Steve a couple of weeks before this when he was tipsy after a party. (He promised Steve he would stop getting blackout drunk. He was trying to stop drinking alcohol altogether because it made Steve happy.)
——————
"Steve, I don't know what Howard was thinking with the shield. How are you supposed to protect your, very muscular, legs when you're running! I could easily shoot you. The shield is the size of a dinner plate!" Tony threw his arm around his boyfriend.