Everything is A. ok

Tony sat on the edge of his bed crying and clutching Captain America's Shield. Earlier that day the Avengers went on a mission and Cap had been hit by one of the aliens. Fortunately, they killed them all before anyone else got hurt, but the Captain was in a coma.

————7 months Later————
The only thing Tony could bring himself to do was sit up in his bed and go visit his husband in the Med-Bay. He would sit by his side and talk to him like he was actually there. He would cry and couldn't eat anything.

Eventually Bruce came in and told Tony that he needed to take some tests.

"Tony... I know this must hurt so much. But I need you to go sit outside for a few hours so I can take some tests and see how he's doing. Ok?" Bruce said in a calm voice.

Tony didn't have the strength to argue, so he just got up and lifted Caps Shield from next to his seat. He sat right outside the room so he could get right back to sitting by his husband's side. He Hugged the shield as his life depended on it. He just kept thinking back to the moment that his husband was hit...

——7 months earlier, during the mission——
Aliens were invading New York again thanks to none other than... Loki! Of course. He had escaped from the prison in Asgard and was now on another rampage through NewYork.

"Ok guys," Tony said through his coms, "we need to be very careful, these seem like more dangerous... anyone know what exactly these are?" Tony asked everyone.

"These are very dangerous Asgardian aliens, but they are manageable I've had to deal with a few back in the da-"

"Thanks Thor, that's enough, but feel free to enlighten me after we kick some alien ass!"

"Language babe" Steves coms cut in

"Honey we've been over this! I'm a grown ass m-"

"Language"

"Really babe?" Tony asks, chuckling.

"Come on Tony we've been over this" Steve replies, now also laughing.

"I love you," Tony says before blasting an alien.

"Love you too, babe," Steve says while hitting an alien with his shield.

And then it hit. The mother of all aliens. Bigger than any skyscraper in New York, and certainly bigger than the avengers could handle.

"What in fucks name is that?!" Tony yells into the coms

"That is the grandmaster of all aliens" Thor states

"Lang-" Steve starts, but his line of the com goes dead.

"Honey?"
Blast.
No answer
Blast.
"Stevie?!"
Whack.
Still no answer
Smack.
"STEVE!!" Tony screams when he finally spots Steve lying limp on the ground, with his leg bent in an unnatural position. He raises his faceplate and rushes over and picks Steve up in his arms.
"It's gonna be ok baby, everything is gonna be A. Ok," Tony whispered soothingly to Steve, trying to suppress his sobs. The only thing he notices is when the other avengers defeat the giant alien. He rushes Steve into the Med-Bay.

"BRUCE!" The billionaire screams, now putting Steve on one of the medical tables.

"BRUCE!" He screams again and again until he remembers that they needed him to fight the alien.

"BRUCE!" He screams, this time into the coms on his faceplate.

"Tony, what's the matter? Is something wrong?" Bruce asks, worry very clear in his tone.

"Cap, he's been hit real bad! I need you to get here as fast as you can!"

"On my way" Bruce replies.