First visit

Hoppa had coached him a bit reminding the orc that he would see Ian in a weakened state.

He reminded Galek that his job was to break him further. He steeped himself for the task in the hopes that he might call Ian fully his. His orcish anger had subsided for now as he concentrated on training his docca.

He arrived and was met by Lorz, a training guide and one who spoke for the counselorcs. He'd helped many orcs to achieve their docca. In truth the king had sent him, wanting to make sure this special human came back to his court. He was well respected by humans and orcs. He had a reputation for just listening. When Galek came to the room he bowed.

"You chosen the smartest human for joining, perhaps even between the two countries."

"You and he must have formed some type of friendship for such a man to submit to you."

"Yes we did."

"I am Lorz. I am to guide you as you train Ian."

"Is that necessary?"

"Yes. Because Ian came willingly to this hall we want to make sure that he is given every opportunity to shed his human way and learn to be docca for you. Completely."

"I can use all the help I can get. I know that it will be hard for me to see him suffer. I can be harsh on him but I'll need someone to gauge and guide me. Ian is a special creature. His body is not like the others."

"I've heard. This may mean we change how things are done but he will still need the full training."

"What is it you brought for him today?"

"I brought broth and a docca apron for him to wear."

"Humph. The broth is good but the apron cannot he worn yet."

"Remember the time you spend with him must be brief in the beginning. He is experiencing life as he never had before and he must be allowed to journey through. I promise he will meet you on the other side.  Much of his conditioning has already happened.  I've been watching his progress. So today here is what you will do."

Galek listened and promised to carry it out.

"Thank you. I will need your wisdom again."

"Have you met Ian yet?"

"No. Only heard. Can't wait to meet him. Not today. For now I am in the shadows. There is much I need to tell you."

"I want to listen. For Ian."

Galek left.

——————————————

Walking out in to the great room he saw rows of endless cribs all carrying humans one various training stage or another

He followed the orcs to Ian's crib. He had not seen Ian for a long time now. Would he be changed? Would he still want him. He steeled himself for whatever the outcome was, knowing that he would take Ian through the training no matter what. He could not leave the hall without it. Somehow he knew that if Ian left without the training something would happen to him.

"Ian?"

The room was kept warm for the humans whose exposed skin needed it.

The great warrior orc saw Ian. He breathed in. At first he thought he was not alive, he was so still and yellow bruises covered him. He lay curled in the fetal position.

"Ian?"

Nothing. No sound.

"Ian?"

Finally Ian turned to him with hollowed eyes.

"Galek?  Galek?"

Ian sat up his body smudgy and full of yellowed bruise marks but he had strength enough and he stood. Tears streaming down his face.

"Galek."

"I'm here.   I did not leave you."

Ian stood at the crib gate that came to his shoulders.  They embraced, touching heads.  Silent Tears came down both their faces.

"Galek this place ... I wanted to die."

"I'm so sorry" he whispered. Quiet enough that only they heard.

"I'm here now. You have been purchased.  And with my protection no one will beat you.  I'm here to train you."

Ian whimpered. 

"Im afraid."

"I know.  It won't be easy.  But remember I am here with you.  Everyday with you.  I will not leave you."

"Galek I'm naked.  I need clothing."

"I know my precious, but I cannot give it to you yet."

Ian hung his head.  Another tear streamed down.

The orc touched his chin. 

"Remember you are beautiful. And made for me."

Galek wanted to kiss and touch and comfort him but in the training hall it was not allowed. 

"Come I have some broth from Willow and Hoppa.  They send well wishes."

"Willow... Hoppa..."

Ian took the hand of Galek and sat on the edge of the crib dangling his legs.

"I wanted to hate you. But I remembered our words, your words to me."

"Trust them soft one.  They are true.  We will be joined.  You will feel happiness again."

Galek fed him the soup loving the naked body before him.  He knew Ian would be conditioned enough soon.

"I will bring more tomorrow."

"Not even an apron?"

"No. Not yet. Be patient. Sleep. Build your strength. I promise I will return everyday until I can take you from here to join with you."

Galek rose.

"Tomorrow then." Ian said faintly.

When he told Lorz of Ian's much changed state he told the warrior to bring him broth only and to not begin the training. Of course Lorz knew the training had already begun. 

Galek brought broth for the next two days.  But more importantly he brought himself, which served to lift Ian's spirits more than he knew. 

On the third day Ian spoke his eyes a bit brighter his bruises gone. Color coming back to him.

"The broth is good.  Tell Willow thank you."

"I will."

Ian sat with his legs crossed trying to cover as much of himself as he could. The rest of the day he spent curled up to keep himself covered.  Gradually though he had started to communicate with one other man who seemed to be having a much worse time. And he'd started to recognize the other two faces in the adjoining cribs. All three of the men were different shapes and sizes. Of course no one looked like he did. And this made it harder for him.  He despised it.

"Can you bring more broth tomorrow?"

"Yes.  Your bruises are healing."

"Yes.  How long will I be in this crib?"

"Long. So resign yourself to it Ian.  It is your path."

Silence. 

————-

Lorz- "When you meet with him next begin the training but do not let him talk.  If he does I want you to switch his feet.  Each time he asks when you come switch him.  Right now i want him to talk only if you have spoken first."

Galek tensed.

"Trust me."

"Now go prepare your mind for what must be done."