3

The next morning I decided to get coffee so that I could start on all my homework. I go to Columbia University, and let me tell you it's almost as if I'm drowning in school work. It's very tiring and draining. Sometimes I feel as though I'm a ship just waiting to hit the iceberg, and other times I feel as though I'm in charge of the wind in my sail. It's a rollercoaster.

I throw on a pair of Nike shoes, yoga pants and a large sweatshirt- the basic college outfit.

Before I could step foot out of the apartment, Jessica approached me with sleepy eyes. "So last night was crazy," she chuckled rubbing the sleep from her eyes. By the looks of her bird nest of hair and the sleep under her eyes, I could tell she slept hard last night.

"Yeah, you don't regret the tattoo do you?" I asked as I Unwrapped a granola bar then chomping down on it.

"Hell no! Also I remember that hot guy touching all over my hand," she smiled in awe over Wes touching her hand while tattooing her. "However, I dont think he was into me, but someone else," she accused while wiggling her eyebrows.

I let out a cough, "yeah right," I mocked. "I'm going to get a coffee, you want one?"

"Nah, I'm fine," she answered flopping herself on the couch.

As I walked out the apartments and onto the sidewalk I realized I had to walk pass the tattoo shop that we were at last night. Ironically, as I passed it I heard a shout, "hey!" A deep voice called.

I had a feeling of who it was, but I turned around anyway. And there he was, Wes. "Oh hi," I mumbled.

"You ghosted me last night." He laughed as he threw on a leather jacket.

"Well maybe because, you creepily got my number, the creepily texted me," I told him matter-a-factly rolling my eyes. That's creepy right?

"Okay first of all I'm not that creepy."

"Says the one who waited for me to pass by so he could talk to me?"

"Okay don't flatter yourself sweetheart, I just happened to be bored and I like to people watch."

"And somehow I don't believe you," I chuckled teasing him, since I knew I made him feel a bit uncomfortable. "Anyway, I have to go so it was nice to see you I guess."

"Wait where are you going?"

"I need coffee," I told him as I started turning around. I'm a zombie if I don't have my coffee.

"Oh lucky you, I need coffee too."

"You've got to be kidding me," I groaned. However, I didn't mind the company. He was nice to look at too- with his black t shirt and ripped jeans with white converse.

"You're not from New York are you?" Wes asked as we walked side by side.

"How'd you know?"

"You're accent, it sounds funny," he laughed mocking my southern accent.

"I'm from Georgia. Are you from New York?" I questioned turning the attention on him.

"Born and raised."

Once we got into the coffee shop, I ordered a mocha iced coffee and Wes got a black coffee. I turned to him, "you know they say people who drink black coffee are psychopaths," I snickered.

He just rolled his eyes and took our coffees to a little booth. "I was actually going to take this back to my apartment," I told him.

"Come on, just sit with me for a little while."

"Fine," I told him as I sat across from in.

"So Georgia? New York is a bit far from home, huh? What are you doing here?"

" I'm attending Columbia."

Just before Wes could say anything else, Charlie, a guy in my class walked up to me. "Dani, you look really nice nice today." He smiles widely.

"Oh thank you," I awkwardly told him.

Charlie looked over at Wes and gave him a dirty look then back to me, "do you want to come by later?" He asked.

I guess Wes could see how uncomfortable I was and how uneasy the whole thing was for me. I'm not a big fan of attention or guys hitting on me in general. And I definitely didn't like Charlie, I'm always nice to him, but I hate when he cat calls me or hits on me. It's just not pleasant. "Hey man, leave her alone," Wes told him.

Charlie seemed to realize where he stood with Wes, since Wes is much taller, more fit and much more intimating. Charlie shook his head and walked away.

"Well that was kind of annoying," Wes stayed as he took a sip of his coffee. "You're lucky I felt nice today, because I would usually tell those douche bags to go fuck themselves."

I was shocked by his words and I was actually taken aback by them. "Shut up!" I shouted yet it still came out in a whisper.

"What? I thought you would be grateful I got that ass hat out of here?"

"Do you use that language often?" I asked him.

"Yes I do actually. I tried to hold it back for about 30 minutes now and let me tell you that was difficult," he smirked.

I just nodded. I'm not a total dork, I met out a few cuss words now and then but not nearly as much as him.

His phone rang which made him turn his focus to his phone. He checked it and it was a female, which I didn't mind, I just thought it was kind of rude. Even though a guy just came up and talked to me. When he hung up he looked at me and said, "I've got to go," then he got up and started walking away. Okay now that I know for a fact was rude.

I just let out a sigh, stood up and walked back to my apartment. Once again I had to pass the tattoo shop, and to my surprise Wes wasn't out to greet me. Oh well I thought, not a big deal at all. Why was I still kind of disappointed though?

When I walked back into the apartment I went straight to my room and pulled out my notebooks and laptop. I'm ahead on all my school work, but somehow I still feel so behind.

After 4 hours of homework I decided to just call it quits and take a nap.