32

The next morning I was startled by a frantic David running into my room. "Dani, Wes is going to kill me. Literally kill me," he shouted yet I knew Wes wasn't going to actually kill him. What's the phrase that Wes used, oh yeah: David is an asset to this team.

Wes stomped into the room with nothing but rage in his eyes, "What are you doing," I shouted at Wes while pushing a frightened David off my lap.

"He's mad that you left while I was in charge," David whispered to me.

"I didn't tell David where I was going. I left on my own," I lied covering for David since he was the only level headed one around here and plus he covered for me first.

"He was supposed to be in charge which means he should have known where you were at all times."

"Oh so I'm a prisoner now," I scoffed as Wes walked closer to me still angry.

"No I'm trying to keep you safe and I will whether you like or not," he shouted which is when David looked at both of us and then ran out the door. I guess he figured that Wes being angry actually had nothing to do with him at all, but something to do with me. Which he would be correct.

"I can keep myself safe," I told him as I stood up from the bed to match his intimidating fury look.

"It's nice to see you talking this morning. Would you care to fill me in with what happened last night," he demanded as he clenched his jaw.

"Would you care to fill me in what happened last night," I turned the argument back on him.

"What are you talking about," he shouted pulling the ends of his hair out of frustration.

"What are you talking about," I didn't know what to say so I just ended up mocking him.

"You're so frustrating sometimes," he yelled sitting on the bed, I continued to stand in front of him and act like I wasn't bothered by anything that had happened. He then took a moment to calm himself down, "I just want to know what happened last night. I was worried, like really worried and then you came home almost in a daze and I could smell alcohol on you. I just want the truth," he sighed pulling my arm to him so that he could examine my knuckles.

"I don't think you'd like the truth very much," I told him sitting down beside him.

"Please," he begged.

"I will if you will," I argued waiting for Wes to nod. "I wanted to see Jess so I went back to my apartment and grabbed a few things. Once I left I received a message that made me very angry and lately I feel consumed by anger so I went to my old gym and met a guy. He helped me release all my repressed anger and he even let me kick his ass in a fighting match. After, he took me out to grab drinks, and that's when you called," I admitted looking at his face that seemed to be hurt and confused.

"This man, did you like him?" He asked with a sadness hidden under his breath.

"I liked that he wanted to have an actual conversation with me, and I liked how he wanted to get to me," I admitted watching his face drop, "But I didn't like him in the way that you're thinking." I wasn't sure why I was telling him this. I should have lied and said that it was love at first sight and we plan on leaving to Hawaii, especially since I saw him kissing another girl, but I couldn't bring it to myself to lie to him. Not when I'm looking into his eyes. "I got a picture from a number of you kissing a red head," I told him.

His face filled with guilt which reassured me that he did kiss her. "It wasn't like that," he assured, but I saw him kissing her, how would that mean something else. "I went over to the shop this morning to get out of this house and think for a little bit on my own. Plans that I had have fallen apart and it felt like you and I were falling apart so I went to the shop and called a few men over to help me come up with new ideas. One of the guys brought a girl and she kissed me, I didn't kiss her. I swear," he told me as he looked into my eyes. I believed him then, because his eyes never lie, I've always liked that. "When it happened I came back home to tell you, because I felt so guilt and gross, but you weren't here, which made me insane," he paused. "You have so much control over me and you don't even know," he deeply chuckled as I started at his black shadows underneath his eyes.