6

We walked out into the still busy streets. He took the lead and I tried my best to keep up, but people kept shoving and pushing. It usually isn't as bad, but the concert probably has the sidewalks congested and before I knew it I was alone. Well I thought i was until a hand pulled me along with an annoyed Wes snapping, "keep up will you."

Once we got out of the herd of people I took the opportunity to ask, "where are we going?"

"Where would you like to go, a real party? Or we could chill at my place if you would like?" He asked surprising me with my options. I thought he ran a dictatorship around here.

I didn't feel comfortable going to his house though, that seemed like an invitation to sleeping with him, and I barely knew him. "I guess a party could be fun," I stated not sure if I meant it. I've been to college parties, frat parties, but a real party. What does that even mean? A club?

Questions swam in my head, I've been told I overthink. Wes seemed to notice, that's probably why he started small talk with me, "so what do you plan to do after college?"

"I was thinking of becoming a doctor," I told him. And it was true, I've always wanted to be a doctor, I want to help people in their most vulnerable moment and being there for people when they thought that they hit rock bottom. There can't be anything more rewarding than that.

Usually when I tell people that, their mouths hang open in shock, followed up by "oh my gosh, that's so cool," or "Wow you don't look like the doctor type," which is annoyingly obnoxious. However, Wes looked unfazed by my goals, as if he assumed it. Which was weird to me.

"Isn't that a lot of school," he asked looking straight ahead, almost as if he was nervous or anxious. But why would he be either of those? He's a party type, so it can't be the party. He's a confident guy, so it's not talking to me. And I wouldn't think me telling him I want to be a doctor would make him nervous. Maybe he has iatrophobia?

"Yeah, it's a lot of years and a tremendous amount of hard work, but I think I can do it," I told him, not really trying to convince him, but when I say it out loud, I always hope that someday I will believe it.

"I'm sure you can," he laughed, finally looking down at me. "Here, put this on," He didn't ask me, but practically demanded me as he handed me his leather jacket. I examined it, noticing the huge panther head on the back. It was cute, but masculine. "Would you just put it on," he huffed, then he caught himself, realizing how rude and snappy he was over a jacket, "I just know you're cold." Nice save.

I do admit that it was cold out, and his jacket gave me a warmth I couldn't really describe: soft, safe, warm... protected? All words that popped into my head. The jacket itself was huge on me, the sleeves seemed to go on for miles leaving my arms lost inside, and the ends reached below my butt, but I liked it, I liked feeling wrapped in security.

Wes slowed down as we turned off the sidewalk and into a dark alley. "Wes, where are we?" I mummered, feeling slightly on edge as I make eye contact with a homeless man with no teeth smiling at me beside the dumpster.

"Shh" He paused as he knocked on the door beside the old rusty drain pipe, "we're here," he smiled almost forcefully, and sympathetic?

A very large intimidating man opened the door and smiled grabbing Wes and forcing him into a big hug. I could hear the bones crack is his body, very off putting.

Once the large man in black put him down, Wes took my hand and gently lead me into the huge crowd of people. I started to get nervous, there were so
Many people here. People of all colors, tattoos, even languages. How does everyone know about this rabbit hole in a dark alley? I would have never even thought to go through a dark alley, but maybe that's just the cautious female in me.

Lost in the ShadowsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara