7

I walked through the front door of my apartment fighting back the tears. Not even tears of sorrow, but embarrassment. The way he looked at me in the club made me think that maybe he was into me, how naive am I. I can't blame him for leaving though, I probably reek of desperation.

I pulled myself together as soon as I stepped in the living room, because I can't cry. I don't cry. I won't cry. I mean why am I even this upset or embarrassed? I'm not even into the guy. He's just a friend.

Just. A. Friend. Is he even that?

As I reached for the doorknob to my bedroom Jess ambushed me with questions. "Hey girl, why are you home so late? The concert ended hours ago," she integrated, she watches way too much law and order.

"I saw Wes, and he invited me to a club," I told her nonchalantly, shrugging the question off.

She gave me a sympathetic look, "Do you want to talk about it?" She asked following me into my room.

"I don't know, I'm really tired," I told her.

"Come on, it'll make you feel better. I promise."

I nodded as I started taking off my makeup. I knew what this was going to turn into. I do it to her, it's not just talking, it's a therapy session. However, I don't mind, it always makes us feel better.

"So what happened?" She asked.

"Well after the concert he invited me to a club and I thought we had a good time. I mean we were laughing and playing around. It was honestly, one of the best times I've had, then after the party he invited me over to his house," I told her looking at her through the mirror then tossing my make up wipe in the trash can.

"That sounds ni-" she attempted to say before I cut her off.

"But then he got a call from a girl and then he ditched me. We turned all the way around and he dropped me off here. We didn't even talk on the way back to the apartment," I shouted getting angry again. "What pisses me off the most is that sometimes he's a sweet person, he actually seems to have emotions then other times it's like he's angry at the world," I told her.

She looked at me in confusion, " How many times have you two hung out?"

"Once for coffee, he walked me home once, he texts me sometimes, and then tonight," I told her knowing how dumb I sound. I'm upset about a guy I've only hung out with a few times?

Jess nodded then sat on the edge of my bed, " listen, me and you can go to the fair tomorrow maybe we can invite other people, it'll be fun. I know how much you love fairs," she laughed and gave me a hug, "now get some sleep it's late."

She shut the door behind her leaving me alone to get dressed for bed, which usually just contained an oversized t shirt.

Once I got settled into bed I realized how late in was, 2am, I'm never up this late. As I drifted off into sleep I couldn't help but wonder what Wes was doing in this moment.